FAILED Food (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

JohnVee

SILVER Star
Threads
Something you should never have tried or something you just couldn't pull off - let's hear about it. Hell, even some of the stuff we happily eat might have been a failed, miserable mess of a hit- show us that, too.

I tried to keep away from the grocery store today and use up some more junk I already had. I figured gnocchi carbonara with mushrooms could work, never mind that I've never been able to nail it normally (with pasta & no shrooms). Well......at least it had bacon.

I'm sure this thread won't get too many pics, but descriptions and tales of intent will suffice! :flush::doh:

I got bored and made a chili recipe off the net that included red wine vinegar. Fail. I can now spot any hint of red wine vinegar in foods and I hate it.

I didn't read one day and installed some baking soda instead of baking powder in some cornbread. Fail.

Prepping for a Sierras backpack trip with some old high school buddies, I had visions of showing up with a vacuum package of home smoked salmon for each. My fridge unfortunately was empty of salmon. I did however, have a bunch of halibut from a recently successful trip. So, I smoked about 10 lbs of some of the finest fresh fish $$ can buy and made it.... COMPLETELY inedible! It wasn't just that it was too dry - halibut doesn't have the oils that make salmon or tun excellent for smoking - the flavor was also repulsive. 10 lbs of halibut into the trash :(

Made 30 lbs of elk sausage links and threw them in the smoker, first try for me. Did not let the casings dry and they soaked up all of the creosote in the smoke. Epic fail! :bang:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom