Factory Subwoofer Info Guide (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Complete ignorance here, a buddy is selling his Audison AP1 D and Evo 2410 D4 sub/amp setup, workable solution given the stock box and wiring considerations? I’m in a “don’t know what I don’t know” scenario where it’s a good price but no,idea if it’s even a workable idea for the vehicle.
I can't find any info on this Audison AP1 D. The closest thing that comes up is a tweeter. (Edit: nevermind, I see it now..at least sort of) I assume that's not what we are talking about. Audison makes processors, so if that amp has a processor built in, it could be similar to the Audiocontrol linked above. (Edit: I see this model doesn't have any processing capabilities)

There are not many custom stereo installs for 200 series because of how complicated the system is (well less about complication and more about how integrated it is). Also, as you stated, not really the primary focus of this forum. Club Lexus probably has far more info on stereo installs.

In this case it also doesn't help that there are multiple iterations of the stereos in both LX and LC form (that work fairly differently) so there isn't really a one answer works for all.

Last edited:
I can't find any info on this Audison AP1 D. The closest thing that comes up is a tweeter. (Edit: nevermind, I see it now..at least sort of) I assume that's not what we are talking about. Audison makes processors, so if that amp has a processor built in, it could be similar to the Audiocontrol linked above. (Edit: I see this model doesn't have any processing capabilities)

There are not many custom stereo installs for 200 series because of how complicated the system is (well less about complication and more about how integrated it is). Also, as you stated, not really the primary focus of this forum. Club Lexus probably has far more info on stereo installs.

In this case it also doesn't help that there are multiple iterations of the stereos in both LX and LC form (that work fairly differently) so there isn't really a one answer works for all.
Totally, I have tracked down a local shop and the owner has an lx570, I’ll update this thread if I get any good details on the non-ML system as I figure out how to improve.

Posted this in the other thread, but a follow-up question for the sub….

“I returned the JBL GX402s or whatever that I bought for the dash. The tweeters on them had a super harsh rattle to them in the dash. I bought some JBL GX600C speakers for the front doors. Took a while to fab everything up, etc…..same harsh rattle in the tweeters. I took them out and put the stock speakers back in….no harshness from the tweeters. the factory speakers measured at 1.6ohm and the JBLs measured at 2.3 ohm. No idea what is going on, but I am done experimenting.”

SUB QUESTION: Has anyone replaced ONLY the sub with the one mentioned in this thread and thought it made a difference?

Also interested in the “sub question “. Are people still buying the cdt sub’s? If so, from where? Been looking to replace my factory sub in my LC200

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom