Factory sub tank - sourcing and fitment discussion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
<edit - the install is completed, here's the summary link

of course, you should definitely read on to see how it went!
>

I’m working on tracking down the parts for a factory sub tank. I’ve found US or shippable parts for *nearly* everything, excluding shipping the total is around $700. Shipping will vary on your source, but figure about $400. <edit updated total after the full BOM entered and sourced>

I am having trouble sourcing the filler pipe. It is the same as the stock pipe, but has a bung on it for the sub tank to fill from, and the vent side pipe allows plumb in for the sub tank vent.

the part number is probably

77201-60B00​

though there are many varieties that come up . . . B10 thru B90 . . .

If you‘ve seen this or have a source let me know.

it is labeled 77201 in the attached photo

D82DB0CE-498B-4D44-9C0A-48644C813F0B.jpeg

Last edited:
Well I found a b10 in Aus and b90 via eBay. Looks like I just needed to dig deeper.

I'm interested in adding the factory subtank to my LC, too, if you find that everything works as anticipated. I eagerly look forward to your write-up & parts list when you've completed the project.

Subscribed.

What about the charcoal canister? And things like the aux tank sender. Is there a transfer pump?

All I can find is references to B10 and B90 also.

This is awesome - how much extra fuel does this sub tank provide? I assume it gravity feeds the primary.

It looks like both show URFE3 compatibility b00, b10, b90 . pics of b10 and b90 look similar, one is black one stainless . Here’s b90

i wonder which filler is the right one for us petrol?

1E0430D1-3E16-48BA-B9E6-C0121BE2495A.jpeg

Last edited:
Subscribed.

What about the charcoal canister? And things like the aux tank sender. Is there a transfer pump?
I think it’s gravity fed.
i think there is a sender . . .
I don’t see a transfer pump . . .
assuming I can add it to the closed system, not sure if it wants the physical space of the canister, if so it may need to move.
edit - not gravity fed. There is a sender but it won’t work with 2009 us lx570 gauge cluster

Last edited:
I'm interested in adding the factory subtank to my LC, too, if you find that everything works as anticipated. I eagerly look forward to your write-up & parts list when you've completed the project.
Yep, I’m still shopping but if I order I’ll turn this into an install. Or another first mover could!

I think @ranma21 was chasing all these parts down. I’ll find the thread...

Yep, found it. Looks like the thread died...

Sub tank from an lx570.

7700160B00​

now I’m having trouble on the tank itself. I know I found a part that was in us toyota stock, but that was a couple weeks back. Argh.

edit: I think my memory is wrong. I think I ended up on around $450 shipped via partsouq

6AA9D410-F640-49E5-BE08-45D1D3C2FF05.png

F7D66296-ECE5-4DC2-AF6D-09CE1FAC594C.png

Last edited:
I think it’s gravity fed.
i think there is a sender . . .
I don’t see a transfer pump . . .
assuming I can add it to the closed system, not sure if it wants the physical space of the canister, if so it may need to move.

Agreed that it doesn't look to use a transfer pump. If it's anything like typical mechanisms used in saddle tanks where there's two low points straddling a driveshaft tunnel, it may use a venturi tube in the main tank pump housing to draw flow over from the aux tank.

It's definitely in the same space as the charcoal canister which will require moving. That's going to be a doozy to try to find space for while getting all the plumbing and electrical to reach. Though I recall at least one that was able to make it happen but could be tricky.

Still, want to see this happen so trying to help think this through.

1611299691815.png

i Think the magic to ease install is the filler. Any old tank that fits can be set up gravity fed in line ahead of the main tank using the filler, as long as the in and out are above the factory tank and below the filler top bung.
a 20 gallon fuel cell of the right dimension, for example . . . Or a custom tank with the cutout for the charcoal canister similar to some of the other aftermarket options . . . A couple vent bungs and good to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom