Fabbing spring spacers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Trunk Monkey

Threads
Me and a friend have been working on fabbing some spring spacers. Will Carroll (onesprung60) came up with the idea and traced the tear drop shape. Had a bunch laser cut and welded them up. Hope to get them powdercoated next week and installed soon. Should take care of the "j" spring rake.

Last edited:
Nice, let me know if you need any PC assistance.

Cory,
They look great. You should have made them a few months ago, I just made some for both the front and the rear. My fronts were about 1 1/4", which turned out pretty good. We'll see what changes when I put Jacks lift on my 80 this weekend. Durable Powder coating in West Valley is super cheap if you already don't have someone lined up. They are a little difficult to get on the phone, but are quick and agian cheap.

Trent

You guy's have an order?, I may have to junk the rubber spacers on mine for a sweet set of steel, Looks like Will's new job has left him with some time on his hands.
Unsure of J's but are they just front? I still need to chat with Kurt about some lift.
Good stuff guy's!

Tools R Us said:
How tall are they? Mine are 1.5" with J's and I need more caster than the bushings provide.

Most of them are 1.5". Will's set are 2", he decided that with his M12 winch he'll need the extra 1/2".

Depending on how these perform after a test in 8 trucks, we may make more of them.

I've never seen those things before. The ones I have fit on top of the springs. Where do those go ? What's the purpose of the oval shape ? Any pics of them installed ?

Kalawang

Tools R Us said:
They go between the spring mount/bump stop and the frame in the front, spacing the whole unit.

I'm far from certain that I get the picture of how that thing fits. I have a set of Dakar spacers that fit on top, but those things look more difficult to install. Am I correct that instead of lifting, or extending the whole suspension those oval things force fit between the coils and sort of stretch them ? How many do you use on one spring to aquire the needed lift ? The little holes at the ends seem to be for a part not shown to lock them to the coils.

I really need a picture of them mounted to see how those things fit and work.

Kalawang

Your spacer goes between the coil spring and the bump stop. These spacers go between the bump stop and the spring mount. They work in the same manner as the spacers you have, just in a different place.

Kalawang said:
I'm far from certain that I get the picture of how that thing fits. I have a set of Dakar spacers that fit on top, but those things look more difficult to install. Am I correct that instead of lifting, or extending the whole suspension those oval things force fit between the coils and sort of stretch them ? How many do you use on one spring to aquire the needed lift ? The little holes at the ends seem to be for a part not shown to lock them to the coils.

I really need a picture of them mounted to see how those things fit and work.

Kalawang

The spacer goes above the sping inside the mount, If I remember correct, So it gives the same spring rate but add's lift for added weight.
Thanks to Slee for the photo :cheers:

Last edited:
Vitesse_6 said:
So Cory, Will do you have your vehicles, I know I dont have a lift yet, But it might be useful to try it out on a stock vehicle ;)

Check that thought with some of the bright folks here..not sure they'll concur.

TY

Vitesse_6 said:
The spacer goes above the sping inside the mount, If I remember correct, So it gives the same spring rate but add's lift for added weight.
Thanks to Slee for the photo :cheers:

Vitesse, Fillmore and Tools,

Thanks for the effort. I think I have an idea of where those oval things would go, but I'm also fairly certain that the only advantage they have over ring spacers is the relative ease of manufacture and possibly weight compared to the steel rings I have.

Still, they add to the alternatives.

Again, thanks for the explanation.

Kalawang

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom