Extended Sway Bar Links (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I don't think that's bad at all :) I'm not up to date one what the prices look like right now, it's been a while since I was control arm shopping
Kind of regret ordering extended links after reading some other threads, your input, and cruiser outfitters input.

Feel like I should cancel the order and just get new OEM bits but IDK. I am sitting kind of high in the rear but I don't think this will fix my boat like feel and it will be a waste of money. Just thinking out loud

I have been on Fixed Febest uppers and fixed SPC lowers in the rear for several years now with great results. Additionally, I cut and extended my stock sway bar links in around an hour. I used 1/8 wall DOM tubing with the correct inner diameter (believe .60") and seam welded the tops and bottoms. Removing the bushings first is a must. I prepped and painted with POR15 and they have held up great since 2018.

Just some suggestions based on what I have done - I know there are many opinions on these products but in my experience they have held up well.

Last edited:
I ended up installing the trail tailor extended links last night. It seems to make sense, the rear got lifted and that pulled the sway bar with it. These links push it back down.

I haven't tested it fully yet.

Question : For those who have installed this set up, how far down did you torque that top nut ? I don't want to overdue it and start crushing the poly bushing. I went until I could see the bolt pass through the nut, few threads and then stopped.

Pro Tip ( AKA don't be stupid like me ) I was using an open end ratcheting wrench for that top nut. After snugging everything up I realized my wrench was stuck between the frame and bolt, DOH. Got lucky and managed to get it out but another half turn I would have been removing the entire mount.

You should be good at that point.

I haven't had any issues in the 3 or so years I have had with my extended links from TRAIL TAILOR . I am running the larger diameter sway bars from SuperPro and TJM. I think it would bind a bit more if I had stay with the stock links.

For the adjustable control arms nuts, I use Loctite on the threads and haven't had any nuts come loose since. I had the same issue with my Tough Dog adjustable pan hard bar the double jam nuts would loosen over time. But with loctite no more issues.

You should be good at that point.

I haven't had any issues in the 3 or so years I have had with my extended links from TRAIL TAILOR . I am running the larger diameter sway bars from SuperPro and TJM. I think it would bind a bit more if I had stay with the stock links.

For the adjustable control arms nuts, I use Loctite on the threads and haven't had any nuts come loose since. I had the same issue with my Tough Dog adjustable pan hard bar the double jam nuts would loosen over time. But with loctite no more issues.
Good info, thanks. Day 1 with the extended links was a success. I seem to have a noticeable improvement on handling but the true test will be with my camping gear loaded and roof rack weighed down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom