Extended Bump Stops for OME/Dakar? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
2BadFJs stopped by this morning & while I was ogling his SOA I noticed he has extended bump stops. Reminded me I've meant to ask this question for a while: Do you keep the stock bump stops with the OME/Dakar suspension? I've never seen bump stops mentioned with any kit.

Steve-O?

I have not found a need to extend the bump stops with a mild lift like Dakar. 33's tuck right into the fenders with no real issues IMHO.

Nick

Nick is right on.

I have installed many 60 series OME lifts, and have not ever touched the bump stops...

I guess if you wanted to run larger than a 33, you may want to look into it to try and keep the tires out of the body....or get a sawsall! ;)

Good luck!

-Steve

But.... If you absolutely want extended bumpstops, by some for a Jeep Wrangler, the earlier one with the square headlights. The bolt into the factory spots. Available in 3 lengths up to 3"
Gary
P1110005.JPG
round_up_00291_jpg.jpg

Waggoner5 said:
But.... If you absolutely want extended bumpstops, by some for a Jeep Wrangler, the earlier one with the square headlights. The bolt into the factory spots. Available in 3 lengths up to 3"
Gary

good tip .. !

Tinker said:
Do you keep the stock bump stops with the OME/Dakar suspension? I've never seen bump stops mentioned with any kit.

Steve-O?

With that suspension you should be fine. You can always double check by getting your suspension articulated, then checking the travel left on your shocks. Typically when we get to about 4 inches on a 60/62 is where we start doing bump stop spacers.

Steve-o

So I have to get stock bump stops as the PO put on extended ones with the longer shackles, no?

Just get your high lift jack out and check the articulation. I will have to try it all mine when I get it back together. You want the axle to hit the bumper stop before the tires get to close to the fenders even when turning too.Anybody done this? Or find a ramp somewhere and drive up on it. That would probably be safer than using the high lift.

Oh if you don't have a high lift go buy one. They are well worth the money if you are going to be wrenching and on the trails.

NoCal -
Got a couple high-lifts: just planning for the Dakar & looking for what I've missed.

thanks,

i'll add it to my extinct 60 bumper list, why is it the bumpers i'd rather have are no longer avaliable?

warn winch bumper, arb rear bumper, stout equip. winch bumper

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom