Experience with dual zone fridge that can be carried? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,

I'm doing some research for a dual zone fridge / freezer and would love to hear about others' experiences. I'm not planning to wire up a second battery; I want the whole thing to be modular, so I'm leaning towards something like the Jackery 1000 w/ solar panels for power. Main use case will be for long weekend camping trips for my family of 4 but also plan to use it (when the world open up again) for trips to the park, beach, sporting events, etc... Because it won't be permanently mounted in the car, and because I'd like to be able to carry it a short distance with me, I'm looking for the smallest/lightest dual zones that are available.

So far I've found:

ARB Zero 73 Qt - 68.3 lbs

DOMETIC CFX3 75DZ - 61 lbs

National Luna 50L - ~55lbs

Empty weights seem fine but does anyone have any experience carrying any of these when full? Is it a huge PITA?

Thanks!

Hi all,

I'm doing some research for a dual zone fridge / freezer and would love to hear about others' experiences. I'm not planning to wire up a second battery; I want the whole thing to be modular, so I'm leaning towards something like the Jackery 1000 w/ solar panels for power. Main use case will be for long weekend camping trips for my family of 4 but also plan to use it (when the world open up again) for trips to the park, beach, sporting events, etc... Because it won't be permanently mounted in the car, and because I'd like to be able to carry it a short distance with me, I'm looking for the smallest/lightest dual zones that are available.

So far I've found:

ARB Zero 73 Qt - 68.3 lbs

DOMETIC CFX3 75DZ - 61 lbs

National Luna 50L - ~55lbs

Empty weights seem fine but does anyone have any experience carrying any of these when full? Is it a huge PITA?

Thanks!
Seems like it would depend if you have it packed with sandwiches or beer.

And what your physique is...

Both of our camping fridges are relatively easy to carry by a strong adult when empty, but need two people when loaded.

I can pick up and carry both my CFX75 and 95 easily by myself. Full is another matter, especially if there's liquids in there. But hey, they've got good handles.

Thanks all! Glad to know it’s generally possible to carry solo when empty. And sounds like with two people, it could be possible when full depending on load. Worst case, I’ll just eat ice cream and drink beer until it’s light enough to carry :)

Thanks all! Glad to know it’s generally possible to carry solo when empty. And sounds like with two people, it could be possible when full depending on load. Worst case, I’ll just eat ice cream and drink beer until it’s light enough to carry :)

Lighter than an equivalent volume rotomold cooler.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom