EVANS COOLANT??? Any experience with this? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just looking at this product online and through the forum here... havent really come up with any definitive answers.
Has anyone had and first hand experience?:steer:
Any problems or concerns with the -40 freezing point? I do live in calgary (and often travel up north to Grande Prairie, Fort St. John etc...) but also use a lower rad hose heater...
How much will this lower the engine temp and or pressure on the heads? (I have an LJ78... and I am hoping to keep that little head going strong for as long as possible!)

Thanks fellas.:cheers:

Tebo

snake oil??
This may be an incredibly stupid question, but I havent ever heard of snake oil....

Oh! I'm sorry i see what you mean exactly now...

Almost seems a little too good to be true eh?... BUT, if it does in fact work as well as described... I'm in!

I'd also like to know more.
But just try to find a dealer..

Regards:D

I haven't tried it in the truck yet, but there was an AD (Airworthiness Directive) a while back that mandated all Rotax A1 engines switch to waterless coolant to prevent boil off. The stuff we are using (it is an evens product) I think is good to -80.... and if your getting into an environment much colder than that, than I think id want to have a Strontium power cell or something, not a diesel engine.

I haven't tried it in the truck yet, but there was an AD (Airworthiness Directive) a while back that mandated all Rotax A1 engines switch to waterless coolant to prevent boil off. The stuff we are using (it is an evens product)

suggests to me that this product is legit...

Sure it probably works, but why bother with an expensive antifreeze, if there are no problems with the antifreeze I'm presently using?
I'm in a climate that gets to -40 or colder at least once every winter, and I run a -60 rated glycol mix. If it ain't broke, why try to fix it?
I suppose if I had money to p!ss away on every trendy product....

Last edited:
What I'm looking at is the steam that could be generated in the head.
With the Evan coolant maybe it wouldn't happen as it won't boil till 375 degrees or somewhere near there.
Which suggests to me it would carry the heat from the head better to the rad than a water based coolant.
Just what I'm thinking.. I could be way off base but doubt it.
You could almost stop preasurizing the cooling system as well..

Stuff to think about for sure..
Regards

If steam is being generated in the head one can hear it when the engine is shut down. I suppose this might be a problem for those living in a very hot climate, or those who foolishly work the engine hard then shut it down without giving it a chance to cool with the coolant circulating.

Either way I think if you can limit the steam - all the better no?
For 150 bucks or so to make the switch dosent seem unreasonable to me....
I too may be way off base...
just seems like a better mouse trap

Go to toyland4x4.com He runs this in his V-8 cruiser in Moab, the Hammers, Death Valley etc. and in his Big Block Chevy Model A. Snake oil my ars. I've wheeled with him before and after Evans Cooling. It works.

I suppose if I had money to p!ss away on every trendy product....

but for those of us who live in hotter climates where it's often 35c + in the summer, or if you have a prado this product offers a possible solution.

prevention is better than cure. imho

looked into this for my surf . seems promising as it says it will not boil off or steam on hot spots , thats the cause of the LN130 head problem with the original head

problems would be draining the block as you dont want any water in the mix , 10% max I think . Ln130 dosnt have a low block drain. heater cores will need to be flushed also .

You can run 1-2lbs pressure , but they dont have a cap for the toyota to do that .

but for those of us who live in hotter climates where it's often 35c + in the summer, or if you have a prado this product offers a possible solution.

prevention is better than cure. imho

No argument with that. If one is using it to cure or avoid a likely problem then it makes sense. Just changing to this product cuz it seems to be kewl, and to get another trendy sticker to put in the back window, is often just another waste of money.

looked into this for my surf . seems promising as it says it will not boil off or steam on hot spots , thats the cause of the LN130 head problem with the original head

problems would be draining the block as you dont want any water in the mix , 10% max I think . Ln130 dosnt have a low block drain. heater cores will need to be flushed also .

You can run 1-2lbs pressure , but they dont have a cap for the toyota to do that .

good points

a 100% coolant drain could be a problem,
also is it necessary to have the correct #'s rad cap if there is no pressure?

So where in Ontario Canada can a fellow buy this stuff?
I have never seen any advertizing for this product where I live.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom