EVANS COOLANT??? Any experience with this? (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I use Evans in a 1991 LJ78 and have only put on 5k since I got it. It was not that hard to clean the rad and heater core and block. I bought one gallon of the flush agent.

I did not run the truck much before so cannot give a before and after but it seems to work fine and I have no overheating problems yet. It will soon be 37C and I will be able to find out for sure.

I ordered from Edmonton and had no problems with the service. It does cost $150 to switch.

Evans Cooling Systems - High Performance Engine Cooling and Power Production.

Daniel

Go to toyland4x4.com He runs this in his V-8 cruiser in Moab, the Hammers, Death Valley etc. and in his Big Block Chevy Model A. Snake oil my ars. I've wheeled with him before and after Evans Cooling. It works.

I was helping toyland4x4 with his experiment, water wetter vs, anti-freeze vs. Evans.
Now, we don't have the extremes locally to test. However, where we wheel is the test. As toyrod said, Moab in August, Death Valley in summer and winter, etc. The answer was right in front of us in Gorman, Ca. one year.
The test was with Evans. Having run hot with water wetter, Adam had just changed to Evans. We went and ran some washes real hard and did some steep climbs. The result were amazing in comparison.

The Evans was the answer!
No overheating, that is until we did a steep hill climb and his fan flexed in to the radiator :lol: :doh:
Danny

I was helping toyland4x4 with his experiment, water wetter vs, anti-freeze vs. Evans.
Now, we don't have the extremes locally to test. However, where we wheel is the test. As toyrod said, Moab in August, Death Valley in summer and winter, etc. The answer was right in front of us in Gorman, Ca. one year.
The test was with Evans. Having run hot with water wetter, Adam had just changed to Evans. We went and ran some washes real hard and did some steep climbs. The result were amazing in comparison.

The Evans was the answer!
No overheating, that is until we did a steep hill climb and his fan flexed in to the radiator :lol: :doh:
Danny

thanks for the feed back!... sounds like a no-brainer imo

anyone else using Evans coolant???

just to confirm

does Evans Cooling Systems = Dex-Cool ?

Defiantly NOT the same thing, Evans is non corrosive by nature, and you cant run water with it, Dex cool is usually mixed 50/50 with water.

That being said im under the impression that if you add water to an evans system your asking for trouble, if for some crazy reason you need to top off a system running evans you are supposed to use 100% green stuff and do a flush as soon as you can. But since it wont boil off and theres no pressure on the system I see no reason why you would have to top it off unless your doing work to the cooling system, and from all that iv read after you do a switch because the system is no longer pressurized & 100% inert theres really no reason to do a repair as your unlikely to have anything fail unless you put a tree through the rad or something.

According to Evans FAQ the coldest recommended operating temp for any of their products is -20 to -30F and then only with a block heater. I think the stuff just gels too much to use. I can imagine, at colder temps you'd get a sludgy mess in the rad that wouldn't flow even once the t-stat opened.

I'm still interested though since I have more than one winter rig and a webasto to at least keep the cab warm if the rad freezes.

"The coldest suggested operating range for each coolant is:
NPG: -79° F freeze protection, +32° F coldest suggested operating temperature. NPG is the thickest of Evans Waterless Coolants and requires modifications for use in lower temperature ranges.
NPG+: -40° F freeze protection, -20° F to -30° F coldest suggested operating temperature with proper warm up or block heater. NPG+ is a year-round coolant and the only coolant for diesel engines.
NPGR: -10° F freeze protection, +32° F coldest suggested operating temperature. NPGR was originally developed for racing only and is NOT suggested for cold weather operation. NPGR can also be used on the street in copper brass radiators due to the lowest viscosity."

Contact Evans tech support they can and will answer all your questions. They told me not to use their coolant unless I replaced my radiator with a different core. They can explain it.
1985 BJ70. Jim

Contact Evans tech support they can and will answer all your questions. They told me not to use their coolant unless I replaced my radiator with a different core. They can explain it.
1985 BJ70. Jim

:hmm: sorry, but that seems a little strange to me..... replace a radiator for there coolant :confused:

oh well....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom