enough talk !!! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
time to get busy, heres a little teaser pic.
engine comparo.JPG

cummins is old school, dre has done it twice already !! i'm in virgin pig territory here. isuzu 4BD1T... piggy is gutted and ready, just waiting on a few more adapter parts and i'll get rockin

love it..........my dream truck...........just chicken I guess + a tight CFO:princess:and 4 kids:bounce:

Lou

What did you pay for it and what tranny are you gonna use?

dwitcher: 3K and i'm really sticking my neck out with an R150 tranny, we'll see how it holds up, im not an NV4500 fan and wanted to try something that hopefully will be a much nicer driver.

rigderunner: agreed, 4BT is a great engine, but there are smoother quiter and more efficient engines out there, like the isuzu. i dont need the hard hitting torque curve of the cummins, something stong but smooth of powerband fits my driving style. i was soooo close to doing a mercedes engine but i have spent many a night dreaming of the isuzu engine and just have to try it.

and there are tons of Izusus out there:grinpimp: the cummins are getting very rare around here;

Lou

some dude in florida, its based off the old Phx adapter that took the SAE bellhousing to GM style. isuzudieselswapper.com.

Howdy! Neat. What are the numbers on the Isuzu: hp, torque, rpm range, etc. I don't know diddly about them. John

It's been awhile since I worked on a 4bd but I wanna say 270ish on torque.

not yet, as usual i'm waiting on marlin. i dont know why i get parts from everyone else in a week or less but marlins average for me is 3 weeks. otherwise i have just been getting the engine bay and related stuff cleaned and sorted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom