Engine repaired and now I am having a lot of issues with the cooling system (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi, I just repaired my engine FJ80 97 from top to bottom and I am seeing issues with my cooling system, It keeps on leaking for several parts, someone told me that once you repair your engine, if it is not well calibrated, the pressure tries to look for the weak points to release the rpessure and it ends up going thru the cooling system weak points going form one to another.

I have already repalced the water pump, several hoses and keeps on leaking my coolnig system, any one has experienced this?

Hi, I just repaired my engine FJ80 97 from top to bottom and I am seeing issues with my cooling system, It keeps on leaking for several parts, someone told me that once you repair your engine, if it is not well calibrated, the pressure tries to look for the weak points to release the rpessure and it ends up going thru the cooling system weak points going form one to another.

I have already repalced the water pump, several hoses and keeps on leaking my coolnig system, any one has experienced this?
If you used aftermarket parts (not Toyota) you have a higher likelihood of poor fitment on hoses, clamps, and such.

All reassembly should follow proper cleaning and using a torque wrench where necessary. Correct seals and gaskets are important. Screw type hose clamps are designed as single-use and are junk if over-tightened once. They can only take 76 LB-IN of torque on the GOOD clamps, otherwise they won't hold correctly.

Trying to get some more context... Why did you rebuild the engine from top to bottom? A full rebuild usually means a pretty major failure to begin with. Have you rebuilt engines before and inspected critical surfaces and components for straightness, flatness, clearances, etc?

Obviously try the above advice first, ensure your clamps are up to par, torqued correctly, etc. Are you sure you burped/bled the cooling system fully? These engines sometimes take a while to get all the air out in my experience. I would idle the truck with coolant cap off until the thermostat opens. Ensure you're not getting an abnormal amount of steam or pressure (thinking exhaust gases escaping into coolant system, not good).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom