Engine help in MD (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I will try to keep this as short as possible. After four years of a frame off restoration, I was oh so close to finishing when I took her on the inaugrual drive around the neighborhood. All of the sudden !BOOM!, I have to push her home.

Back in the driveway I pull the oil pan, black, gasoline smelling oil pouring out. Inside the pan were three push rods, two lifters and two pieces of the cam shaft. Looking up in the engine I spy the bearing cap that came off piston #1 and must have jammed up into the cam, splitting her into three pieces.

Good news, only need to replace the cam, and piston #1 (hopefully). Bad news, I'm outta time, money, patience, my wife's patience, time and money.

Since I rebuilt the engine I know that I am at fault and probably didn't tighten down the bearing cap to the right torque (even though I swear that I did). Who know's what else I didn't do right.

Does anyone know a competent shop in the Annapolis, MD area that I could tow this thing to and have them do the engine work on? Do any of you mudders live close enough and have enough experience/time on your hands to do the work for a nominal fee?

I am at my wit's end with my 2nd true love (in case my wife is reading) and really just want to be driving her around again. Any suggestions?

I'll try and post some pics of the carnage because I know that it will make you guys smile at my misery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom