Emblems. Need Measurements (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just got my cruiser back with the new quarter panels. All painted and looks great. I need to re attach my emblems on the back. Namely, the Toyota emblem and 4wd emblem. Anyone have, or know when to get measurements of their appropriate location?

Also, one of the P.O.'s put diamond plate panels on and broke the tabs off of the emblems. Any ideas on how to reattach? They are in good shape otherwise, and for the cost of new ones... well, I can think of several accessories I would rather buy.

Thanks Fellas

You DON'T want to use the tabs. The holes are an ideal spot for rust to reappear. When I had my '82 BJ60 redone over 8 years ago I broke off the tabs, filled the back of the emblems flush and used the double sided foam tape to reattach. No holes for rust to start and they have not come off yet!

thanks. I didn't want to drill holes for the tabs - another reason I don't want to buy new emblems. I was just curious if anyway had an idea besides the foam tape... but sounds like it works just fine.
preciate the response.

I would probably use epoxy, as I pressure wash my cruiser and I doubt foam tape would hold up to that....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom