Elocker Problems (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am having problems with my elockers. The light isn't coming on when I turn switch and I they are not engaging. When I put it in 4L the light dosent come on either. Can someone help me diagnose this problem. Any info is much appreciated

Do the ABS and CDL indicators illuminate when you shift to 4L?
No nothing lights up. The only time I see the abs light is when I've wheeled in mud and water for an extended period of time and slam on the brakes

Can you hear the CDL engaging?

Can check with IGN on, not running, by putting in 4L and listening for the motor.

If the motor is engaging, could be a bad transfer indicator switch which, pretty much, tells the computer that it's engaged in 4L, illuminated CDL, disables ABS, and allows diff locker engagement.

Call CDan, order new switch, problem solved,

Or

Do the 7 pin mod and install the CDL switch, that's pre-wired, and call it a day.

Have someone listen to the center differential lock motor when you put it in 4L. If you do not hear the motor run in it could be that the magnets have broken or see rated from the housing. I believe it is a common issue as it sits very close to the catalytic converters and sees excessive heat and disuse. I bought a replacement t actuator that also experienced magnet failure after using it for a while. I carefully removed the motor housing and glued the magnets back in. There are write ups on how to check and repair this.

My motor was engaging but the switch wasn't similar to what Delancy mentioned, you can always jumper the Indicator Switch on the transfer case with a paperclip to narrow that down to the switch and see if you can get it to activate. I stuck a paperclip in, then was able to get the CDL light to activate and knew it was the switch, lockers engaged after that.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/cdl-not-working.804613/#post-9182453

Mine hadn't been used by previous owner hardly so I removed the indicator switch and just worked the mechanism up and down for a few minutes and reinstalled and that got it. Probably different for you but thought I'd mention.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom