electric fuel pump assist? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I/m back, drove about 110mi round trip. Switching tanks didn't seem to make much difference. But on the way home I noticed the boost gauge fluctuating when the engine seemed to be hitting a headwind. Hmm....might be time to start another thread :-(
How much was the boost gauge fluctuating by, and how fast (flicking up and down quickly)? My pump rebuilder asked me to see if mine was fluctuating, but I couldn’t see it doing this on my Redarc gauge.

Maybe try a small jerry can connected straight to the lift pump (probably what I will try next) - just to totally eliminate anything up to the lift pump… probably my next move….

I already mentioned it, but a cheapo oil pressure guage will work for fuel pressure as well. I think mine was from supercheapauto, had the right adapter to screw into the bleeder hole on the fuel filter housing, and the hose was long enough to run through an open window into the cab.

I already mentioned it, but a cheapo oil pressure guage will work for fuel pressure as well. I think mine was from supercheapauto, had the right adapter to screw into the bleeder hole on the fuel filter housing, and the hose was long enough to run through an open window into the cab.
I will see if I can get this setup and try that. I have noticed a fuel leak at fuel return union on the pump that I will try and fix, but I can’t see that causing any issues since it is after the pressure/injectors, unless it is allowing air in and then letting air back to the pump. I plumbed the return to a T in front of the lift pump, instead of back to the tank.

I will see if I can get this setup and try that. I have noticed a fuel leak at fuel return union on the pump that I will try and fix, but I can’t see that causing any issues since it is after the pressure/injectors, unless it is allowing air in and then letting air back to the pump. I plumbed the return to a T in front of the lift pump, instead of back to the tank.
The leak you describe would absolutely cause issues.

the gauge I got was way to high pressure so it was very hard to see any small changes. I might try again tomorrow. There was one thing that happened yesterday at about the same time that I noticed the boost pressure swing. The alternator had quit working, this morning I found a plug had come loose therefore turning off the alternator. Don't know if the plug was creating enough contact and then loosening enough to cause the alternator to come on/then go off due to the vibration?

Would this suit (up to 10psi)?
AA2CDFFB-329C-4679-B258-7F4857040C70.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom