Electric 70 Series!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
tsffovcskeqrikqaccpc.jpg

Wonderful article on electric 70 series for the mining industry in Australia.

Toyota and BHP begin trialling electric LandCruiser 70 Series | CarAdvice

Conversion kit, conversion kit, conversion kit!
I have been dreaming of a moment where that is a thing. I know electric GT has some options, but I would be willing to go in on one at the $10k-ish range, not $30-40k. Make it comparable to swapping and engine in cost (or even 1.5-2x based on the fuel savings) and I would be on board.

Thanks for posting this article! My wife is quite interested in the opportunity to turn a LC into an EV.

This post/seller states ability to perform EV upgrade to his unit:

Thanks for posting this article! My wife is quite interested in the opportunity to turn a LC into an EV.

This post/seller states ability to perform EV upgrade to his unit:

I have seen this. It is on my bucket list.

The website: MEKANIX CUSTOM WORKS

The 70's are really unique and when I can put the $ down I am getting one. I'd love nothing more than to have the EV conversion. What a blast!

Thanks!!

I have been dreaming of a moment where that is a thing. I know electric GT has some options, but I would be willing to go in on one at the $10k-ish range, not $30-40k. Make it comparable to swapping and engine in cost (or even 1.5-2x based on the fuel savings) and I would be on board.
Absolutley. This is a HUGE market opportunity..

They're sworn to secrecy n'stuff. Lot's of LC70s e-action in OZ from the big buyers in rock digging.
Happy to have them driving this market for us little people;) Cheering on the emissions goals!

There is a pdf brochure on this one with a TON of spec, but no top speed/cruising speed listed. THey show a digital screen/gauge with a top of 90 (mph?) .

Thanks for posting this link.

Next question is do they take on work from non-industrial/bulk clientele, or retro-fits on non-new vehicles.

The torque specs don't seem that impressive either unless I am looking specs wrong.

Power (max / cont.) 90 / 60 kW
Torque (max / cont.) 200 / 90 Nm

$30 to $40??

Try $65K for base system that went into that FJ40

• Chevrolet Corvette C2 & C3
• Classic Ford Mustang & Bronco
• Toyota Land Cruiser 40, 55, 60 and 70 series
• Land Rover D90 & D110
• Multiple US classic full size Pickup truck and SUVs

Base Cost: $65,000 USD w 53kWh OX Drive Battery

From article (Zero70):

"Tim explained that the most popular choice – 88kWh battery, dual-cab configuration, carpet trim and alloy wheels – is priced close to $200,000. He added that farmers, in particular, are showing strong interest in the vehicle, especially those with solar-charging facilities."

The torque specs don't seem that impressive either unless I am looking specs wrong.

Power (max / cont.) 90 / 60 kW
Torque (max / cont.) 200 / 90 Nm

Thats what I saw as well, considering its designed for mining/ off-road use and frequent charging on-site, its surely not focused on top-speed and/or distance ( I think is saw ~350kms) per charge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom