Electric 70 Series!! (1 Viewer)

tsffovcskeqrikqaccpc.jpg

Wonderful article on electric 70 series for the mining industry in Australia.

Toyota and BHP begin trialling electric LandCruiser 70 Series | CarAdvice

Conversion kit, conversion kit, conversion kit!
I have been dreaming of a moment where that is a thing. I know electric GT has some options, but I would be willing to go in on one at the $10k-ish range, not $30-40k. Make it comparable to swapping and engine in cost (or even 1.5-2x based on the fuel savings) and I would be on board.

Thanks for posting this article! My wife is quite interested in the opportunity to turn a LC into an EV.

This post/seller states ability to perform EV upgrade to his unit:

Thanks for posting this article! My wife is quite interested in the opportunity to turn a LC into an EV.

This post/seller states ability to perform EV upgrade to his unit:

I have seen this. It is on my bucket list.

The website: MEKANIX CUSTOM WORKS

The 70's are really unique and when I can put the $ down I am getting one. I'd love nothing more than to have the EV conversion. What a blast!

Thanks!!

I have been dreaming of a moment where that is a thing. I know electric GT has some options, but I would be willing to go in on one at the $10k-ish range, not $30-40k. Make it comparable to swapping and engine in cost (or even 1.5-2x based on the fuel savings) and I would be on board.
Absolutley. This is a HUGE market opportunity..

They're sworn to secrecy n'stuff. Lot's of LC70s e-action in OZ from the big buyers in rock digging.
Happy to have them driving this market for us little people;) Cheering on the emissions goals!

There is a pdf brochure on this one with a TON of spec, but no top speed/cruising speed listed. THey show a digital screen/gauge with a top of 90 (mph?) .

Thanks for posting this link.

Next question is do they take on work from non-industrial/bulk clientele, or retro-fits on non-new vehicles.

The torque specs don't seem that impressive either unless I am looking specs wrong.

Power (max / cont.) 90 / 60 kW
Torque (max / cont.) 200 / 90 Nm

FJBen

SILVER Star

$30 to $40??

Try $65K for base system that went into that FJ40

• Chevrolet Corvette C2 & C3
• Classic Ford Mustang & Bronco
• Toyota Land Cruiser 40, 55, 60 and 70 series
• Land Rover D90 & D110
• Multiple US classic full size Pickup truck and SUVs

Base Cost: $65,000 USD w 53kWh OX Drive Battery

From article (Zero70):

"Tim explained that the most popular choice – 88kWh battery, dual-cab configuration, carpet trim and alloy wheels – is priced close to $200,000. He added that farmers, in particular, are showing strong interest in the vehicle, especially those with solar-charging facilities."

The torque specs don't seem that impressive either unless I am looking specs wrong.

Power (max / cont.) 90 / 60 kW
Torque (max / cont.) 200 / 90 Nm

Thats what I saw as well, considering its designed for mining/ off-road use and frequent charging on-site, its surely not focused on top-speed and/or distance ( I think is saw ~350kms) per charge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom