Ehsan Pakistan Top (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

i did some of my own checking....and i think ehsan actually doesnt put anything on either side of the WS.

it will be interseting to see how much material is there on the corners ....if any ehsan top owners has a good pic of this area maybe they can post.

only if it has enough material can you use a twist.....a snap can be put anywere ofcouse (bad spelling day :) )

PIC #1: Snap

PIC #2: nothing
untitled3.jpg
no snap.jpg

Last edited:
i am pretty sure however ehsan puts snaps in the top windshield corners of his soft tops? ( southie ask ehsan this) in that case you all would only need the 4 per side only

but....you may want 2 extra anyway....because they do get corroded after 10 years of DD and then the twist pops off...soooo it good to have at least 1-2 extra

I'll see what pics i have....for the most part....most tops were the snaps in the windshild corners...very early 40 tops had none, flaped over and thats it....early 40 tops had the acorn as far as i recall...a very few i have seen had twist....but i would seem to think the twist would be a better fastener for that spot

sorry it took me sooo long to write back....inlaws sink did an explosion and then his lawnmower belt went....buisy day :)

PICS: acorn style
You have to bolt down the front corners as in the pictures. Thats what we do here.
Ehsan

I ordered 74 pieces, so here we go...

10 for me...

Put me down for some Boston. Let me get a count tonight. I haven't gotten a count for mine. I'll post up how many it will take for a 73, or at least what I think it will take.

10 for MoCoNative...

put me down for the number needed as well

10 for antFJ...

Count me in for 10. I have a 73 original softop tub & it is pre-drilled for four each side like stated above.

10 for calixto...

well damn...if my math is correct, and Boston knows it usually is not, I missed out on the twist locks... :(

As usually it's not...10 for BeefBarley...:flipoff2:

Yeah I don't suppose there are any snap left but I will take ten if there are.

10 for Reedo311...

14 left...

Stay Safe Eshan!

Put my name on list if you have 10 twist locks left.

You have to bolt down the front corners as in the pictures. That's what we do here.
Ehsan

So...what kind of hardware do we need? And do you have a picture of what your top looks like at the corner? Do you install some type of ring there that fits around the bolt?

10 for me...

Put me down for some Boston. Let me get a count tonight. I haven't gotten a count for mine. I'll post up how many it will take for a 73, or at least what I think it will take.

10 for MoCoNative...

put me down for the number needed as well

10 for antFJ...

Count me in for 10. I have a 73 original softop tub & it is pre-drilled for four each side like stated above.

10 for calixto...

well damn...if my math is correct, and Boston knows it usually is not, I missed out on the twist locks... :(

Yeah I don't suppose there are any snap left but I will take ten if there are.

10 for Reedo311...

Stay Safe Eshan!

Put my name on list if you have 10 twist locks left.

10 for corbinwelter...

4 left...someone's gonna be unhappy.:frown:

on my Ehsan top the corner flaps aren't long enough to bolt thru the hardtop corner holes.. i'm just going to install a snap.. already had a snap installed up there for the kayline top i use to run.. but will have to install another one because the flaps aren't long enough to reach those snaps either .. will post a pic later.

So other than footman loops and the upper windshield mount, is this everything required to install the top?

So other than footman loops and the upper windshield mount, is this everything required to install the top?

No, we need the oval grommets that the twistlocks fit thru.

Oh well. That's what I get for not reading the forums more often. I'll just go to SOR or TLC and get the fasteners from them.

10 for me...

10 for MoCoNative...

10 for antFJ...

10 for calixto...

10 for Reedo311...

10 for corbinwelter...

4 left...someone's gonna be unhappy.:frown:

so, how are we coming with the bank stuff? Looking to keep the thread alive:D

"Negotiating" with the shipping company on final price, fuel surcharges, security fees, export clearance fees, etc. Fun stuff. Anyone else want to handle the shipping part of this?

It will be resolved soon. The time difference is making it more difficult. No one would have been happy with the first price I was given.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom