ECU with V8 swap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've tried the search function...but have'nt been able to find and answer here.

I'm going with the 350 tbi for which I have have the wiring harness, but will I need to source the Chevy ECU for the swap? Any info is appreciated...

Thanks in advance,
Luis

Which wiring harness do you have? Painless's are great & have detailed instructions. If your tbi is stock GM, get the proper ECU from a recycler.

Toadhopper said:
Make sure, however,
that you get one from an 8 cyl vehicle with a manual
transmission (if you plane to use a VSS). QUOTE]

my engined is off a 1988 gmc 350tbi...

Tinker said:
Which wiring harness do you have? Painless's are great & have detailed instructions. If your tbi is stock GM, get the proper ECU from a recycler.

I have the original gm...I'll look into the painless...it is stock GM, by recycler do you mean junkyard?

Junkyard, yes, but be sure they'll give you another if the first doesn't work.

meatloaf said:
Toadhopper said:
Make sure, however,
that you get one from an 8 cyl vehicle with a manual
transmission (if you plane to use a VSS). QUOTE]

my engined is off a 1988 gmc 350tbi...

You can use the existing ECM case and replace the chip inside with the appropriate one. There are usually numbers on the outside that indicate which chip is inside.

Toadhopper said:
meatloaf said:
You can use the existing ECM case and replace the chip inside with the appropriate one. There are usually numbers on the outside that indicate which chip is inside.

When you say exsisting ECU, do you mean Chevy or Toy? I know it's probably a dumb question, but...

Thanks.

meatloaf said:
Toadhopper said:
When you say exsisting ECU, do you mean Chevy or Toy? I know it's probably a dumb question, but...

Thanks.

Chevy ECU :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom