Eaton elocker install for rear diff completed. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just finished installing my new Eaton (not Harrop Eaton elocker) yesterday and all is well. I was initially apprehensive to pull the 3rd and all but am really glad I dove in. Not much more than a one :banana: project really once I understood the process. There maybe another 1/2:banana: involved but most of that is just willing to try. Sent the 3rd and my elocker to Zuk, excellent experience all around. The Eaton locker is about $200 less than the previous Harrop sources one an mine was about $300 less on sale. My initial hope and plan was to install the OEM switch and include the dash lights but that wiring is above my pay grade. I liked the included Eaton switch and went that route. All in all, very happy so far.

image.jpg

Basic tools essentially. Good to have a brass hammer or drift to pop loose the cone washers when removing the axles. This is on a 95’ btw, so axles just slide out. Pulling out lower dash was easy enough and then gently cutting the switch opening a bit bigger to fit the included locker switch. I just used a box cutter blade for this and checked fit frequently for snug clean fitting. It’s kinda a plug and play type deal with the included harness and switch.

Nice! i wonder how the elocker works compared to the air lockers? I just had my diffs redone as well with 5.29's and ARB/Yukon ZIp. If your in northern California I highly recommend River City Differentials in Rancho Cordova, Shawn has been in the business servicing toyota diffs since the 90's and very reasonable priced.

Please keep us updated on what you think of the locker.

Last edited:
I want to do this so bad! whats the difference between the Eaton and the Harrups? what did it cost you total?

As I understand it, the Eaton is the Harrop. I think Eaton made the locker component and sent it to Harrop in Australia and they made some other stuff and branded it Harrop Eaton elocker. The Harrop was imported back to the US and could be picked up for around $1300. The Eaton can be bought for around $1100 and a little less through some vendors. I got mine for $990.00. Then it’s a matter of having a good diff shop install it in your 3rd or diff housing. That ran me $540, but that also included basically a full rebuild with new bearings and seals as well. There was also shipping involved to Zuk in Chandler, AZ.

As I understand it, the Eaton is the Harrop. I think Eaton made the locker component and sent it to Harrop in Australia and they made some other stuff and branded it Harrop Eaton elocker. The Harrop was imported back to the US and could be picked up for around $1300. The Eaton can be bought for around $1100 and a little less through some vendors. I got mine for $990.00. Then it’s a matter of having a good diff shop install it in your 3rd or diff housing. That ran me $540, but that also included basically a full rebuild with new bearings and seals as well. There was also shipping involved to Zuk in Chandler, AZ.

It would be sweet to do front and rear with new gears at the same time. Maybe 4.88's. Thanks for your post and reply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom