East Coast Pig Run 2005 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
:bounce: The annual East Coast Pig Run is scheduled for Saturday, August 20th, 2005 :bounce2:

This unsanctioned event gathered many FJ-55's last year and was alot of fun! Saturday's unofficial "official" pig run will be held at Rausch Creek Offroad Park near Joliett, PA http://www.rauschcreekoffroadpark.org/home.asp

We are looking at a second day of wheeling either at Rausch Creek or at Paragon Offroad Park (site of the TLCA and GCLCNY's Coal Miner Cruiser Classic 6-24 - 6-26 :beer: ) This second day of wheeling is yet to be determined but stay tuned to this thread for details and please feel free to post interest, comments, suggestions, or other blurbs.

We hope to get more than last year's FJ-55's this year so if you are a pig farmer in the area and can make it, please let us know via PM. You can also subscribe to the FJ-55 list http://mail.birfield.com/mailman/listinfo/fj55 to follow the development.

This ride is not exclusive to FJ-55's but it is the primary reason for the gathering, feel welcome to ride along! Here is a picture of last year's line up and wheeling action...

pigrun04lineup.jpg

pigrun04TTcover.jpg

more pictures of last year's event can be found here.... http://birfield.com/modules.php?set...ame=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php

I am planning to pre-run Rausch Creek to determine two routes for the ride, one for modified rigs and one for stock. The plan is to meet for a photo shoot, split up to run respective trail/routes per the type of cruiser, meet up for lunch, and then at the end of the day.

If anyone wants to pre-run with me at Rausch Creek, post up/PM me, email, telepathy, your choice :D

We are discussing running Friday and Saturday so people can drive home Sunday and still wheel two days. The Friday run will not be the official/unofficial pig run, that will be Saturday so most people can make it!

Stickers will be made, any other ideas, food/ etc. post up! :cheers:

It was nice to see all the 55's at the CMCC, what a great weekend :bounce:

John,

If I can give you a hand getting the Smurf finished let me know and I'll see what I can do. Maybe arrange a work party to get the Smurf back on the trails.

We are planning on running Saturday the 30th of July. I fI can help get your rig going in any way, let me know!

If anyone else is up for a day's run at Rausch Creek, holla back :cool:

Wayneraintree said:
We are planning on running Saturday the 30th of July. I fI can help get your rig going in any way, let me know!

If anyone else is up for a day's run at Rausch Creek, holla back :cool:

Change of plans! We plan to run trails at Rausch Creek on Friday, the 19th of August as a prerun and have the actual Pig Run Saturday.

Sweet! I am definitely in for the 20th, and will try for the 19th too.
Not sure if the pig will be attending, though :frown:

Pig Owners,

Hope you all have lots of fun on your run. The 55 is the classiest of all Cruisers, you all are lucky fellows. A 55 will be my next purchase, but just bought a 96 80 Series so it will be a little while.

Grouseman

Wayneraintree said:
Tom, you have too many 45's.... I could be a friend and take one off your hands : )
you could bring it to the pigrun for me!
-
Hopefully the one not in pieces will have power steering by then!
I can attach the pig grille to fit in!

OK, it seems that most people will be camping at Exit 112 (Camp-A-While)...

trailriding Friday beginning around 9 am. Post up if your coming later in the day on Friday and would like to meet up for a trail run other than Saturday on the pig run!

I'm going to try to make it!
(my plan is to crash all the trail rides that I'm not supposed to be at :D I just got back from the TTORA Takeover at Paragon..... I was the ONLY 80 there )

seriously though, looking forward to hanging out!

As of right now, I am planning on being there. Have a few odds and ends to do on the PIG between now and then.

Chuck

Deefinitely a no go for this yr. Worked on the piggy this weekend and no success she didnt leave the driveway. Next yr I plan on being there either in tow or driving.

well....the 55 is getting closer to being on the road, but I noticed this weekend that I have two things leaking on the pig....the freshly rebuilt sm465 and the 3 speed case :( i guess I need to put more rtv on it....

bk

Isn't anyone planning on camping at Rausch? If my sprained knee lets me, I'd like to show up Thursday nite to camp at Rausch, wheel Friday and Saturday.

I think some people wanted to do the primitive camping thing, I know I would not mind. Others want the ammenities of full service campground. I will check with some people and let you know. Hope you knee is better, you can always ride along with someone if it causes discomfort....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom