Early model wiper arm bushing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.overlandnomads.net
Hi folks,

I’m looking for a pair of bushings, pictured below next to an arm without a bushing.

The bushings on my ‘69 must have stayed on the arms when they were removed years ago.

SOR and Classic Cruisers do not have them. Checking with BTB today, but wanted to check with the MUD community also.

Thanks for any guidance / suggestions.

Cheers,

Dan

7C4ED296-B3F1-4A2C-AE6D-0A48AABACE36.jpeg

EFE092C4-1351-4349-99E2-A238863F542A.jpeg

Those bushings are pain in my ass! Do whatever you can to work around them. They're made out of pot metal and strip out just when you need them. the newer years improved the design. If J Mack's link is the same spline size then go with them. Pigeaten sent me a set of newer parts, but I haven't retro fitted them yet. I believe you will need from the wiper arms to the wiper motor in order to make it work.

God's speed on your search for the fix for one of Toyota's worst design.

I've gone through four of those little buggers. I drilled and tapped a hole down through the arm and shaft, so when that bushing strips out you don't lose the whole arm on the road ( in a rain storm ). Thinking about J Mack's picture, it might be better to drill and tap a hole from the side, then it wouldn't tend to strip out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom