Earl Warden Cruiser Parts (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice collection of owner's manuals, John............but it's easy to see that Earl Warden fellow sure had an eye for what's the really important paperwork !

Ahhh, back when calendars were fun to look at :cheers:

67azcruizr sent me an old Toyota Trails ad.

2471E549-9854-461A-A5CD-D72631A19D39.jpeg

Earl’s 45 Lwpb now resides in KY. The current owner (@bdyer12) has pulled the tired 327 Earl had installed and replaced with a 100 series drivetrain. It also has 80 series axles. (Coils/leafs) Such a cool truck, with such great history!

6A0552A0-5097-4073-BE96-CCB97E48ECB2.jpeg

Earl’s 45 Lwpb now resides in KY. The current owner (@bdyer12) has pulled the tired 327 Earl had installed and replaced with a 100 series drivetrain. It also has 80 series axles. (Coils/leafs) Such a cool truck, with such great history!

View attachment 2365855
That looks like Jim Dostarts’s Cruiser. Earl’s 65was a swb with a 428 Pontiac with a SM420 air lockers, f&r discs, sprung over, beautiful truck. As far as I know his grandson still owns it.

That looks like Jim Dostarts’s Cruiser. Earl’s 65was a swb with a 428 Pontiac with a SM420 air lockers, f&r discs, sprung over, beautiful truck. As far as I know his grandson still owns it.

Interesting information. The guy I got it from said he had gotten it from Earl. Perhaps Earl has gotten it from Jim?

It did have an auto, I almost bought this when it was in Reno, kid wanted a little more than I wanted to pay at the time. Sure is a solid rig.

At first I was looking on the web for pictures of the "Double Ended" Cruiser :D

I did a search on Mud and found really little about Earl sooo... i thought I would start a nice thread just for pictures ;) and Info related to Earl:

From Tony Twiddy and TLCA

Earl Warden, Jr. was born and raised in Placerville, California. He grew up doing many miscellaneous jobs and crafts—handyman, mechanic, plumber and was a self-proprietor as a young man.

He began working at Stancil’s Toyota in 1958, then “the number one Toyota dealership to sell Land Cruisers in the United States.” This is where Earl developed a passion for the Land Cruiser and four-wheeling with his family. He worked at Stancil’s for 14? years until he opened his own four-wheel drive repair shop in 1972, “across the street from his former employer.” When Earl opened Warden’s Auto Repair in Placerville, he employed and taught his mechanical skills to four of his sons (and now even his grandsons)—and has passed on his work ethics and morals.

Earl has made a difference and influenced every person that he and his family have ever had any contact with. He is a pioneer, a legend in building and modifying Land Cruisers, as well as an avid four-wheeler. He is a very generous and giving man and has taken that love and passion to Montana where he and Vivian (his wife of 50 years) retired in 1988.

Earl is very proud of his children—5 boys and 2 girls. He also has 10 grandchildren and 2 brand new great grandchildren—identical twin girls born to Jason (grandson) and Julie Warden. Land Cruisers and four-wheeling with his family and friends have been Earl’s passion for over 52 years.

I know John Pardi must have some pictures :)

FB_IMG_1697903094981.jpg

FB_IMG_1697903076857.jpg

FB_IMG_1697903034400.jpg

Is he still living in the bitteroot valley?

I remember the purple? junkyard dog for sale in Drummond, maybe 18-20 years ago, no idea what happened to it

I worked on a 40 that was modified by Earl a few years ago, his name was Larry Wade. The glove box door had a special customized plate on the front.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom