Dyeing brown door trim? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My LC100 with oak/tan interior has the usual faded spot on the top of the brown door trim. I am having a rotten time finding any matching dye. I've tried product from two places that were supposed to match, but weren't even close. I'm $60 into this and not even close to getting this done. Has anyone found anything that matches???

Thanks!
Mark
Orlando, FL

Last edited:
I have the same thing and often wonder how the PO managed to wear the dye off the panel. It's like she put her elbow in the same spot and rubbed for 8 years.

Anyway, I check car-part.com occasionally for replacement door panels. If one pops up in decent condition for a reasonable price, I'll just swap mine out.

Didn't know about about that site, thanks!

I have the exact same wear spot. Anyone know if just that piece can be removed and recovered in new leather?

Subscribed...

Quite a few leather repair shops are out there. In Miami I received a quote for about $150 to come to my location and match the color plus spray it. Not sure how long these repairs last though.

Sub'd

I had the same wear spot and made it worse by trying to clean it. Considering covering it with leather.

:popcorn::bounce2:

Weird...my '99 came to me with the same wear spot @ 69k by the PO; thought it was an anomaly but apparently from this thread: Not. Must have had low pH :D

Weird...my '99 came to me with the same wear spot @ 69k by the PO; thought it was an anomaly but apparently from this thread: Not. Must have had low pH :D

Every used door card I look at has had it. Someone here has to have put their huge brain to it, and got this color nailed down. :)

Wondering if it's the same Brown that 80's have on their interiors??? Anyone have an 80 and 100 door card they can compare?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom