Duplicate - In need of delete (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Alright,

I am finally part of the Land Cruiser community!

This thread is part for all of you, but mostly for me to keep a story board of what I have done with this. :)

I bought my first land cruiser, a 1984 BJ60 from a gentleman out in Manitoba. He was the second owner and purchased it in 1989 after coming back from Africa and falling in love with them. This thing looked mint and got it for a half decent price considering the prices are going up nonstop it seems. It has 317,000km and the previous owner was a diesel mechanic so it has all the proper maintenance done. He put brand new tires on it for when he sold it! Old school.

Its a diesel 4 cyl (3B) with a 5 spd transmission. Took it for a couple drives and loved it. She's slow but its perfect. Looking forward to a lot more adventures when I have it where I want it.
I moved to Calgary AB recently and my buddy drove it all the way out from MB.

Pics from the truck in Manitoba:
View attachment 3497351
View attachment 3497353

And here is a picture from when I got it to Calgary.

View attachment 3497354

The odometer stopped working in Sask when my buddy was driving it out. That was the first job i did when i got it into my garage. Wasnt hard. ive worked on motorcycles and this was a similar small job that those skills translated well.

I Have been poking around the truck more and more and just loving looking at it and learning about them. Lots of good info out there.

Things I have done so far:

- replaced the rear hatch struts (simple $30 for 2x of 16" ones from princess auto did the trick)
- complete re-assembly of odometer
- replaced front steering damper
- replaced both rear drum brake cylinders. (they were leaking something fierce after the drive from Manitoba to Alberta)
- Replaced rear brake line
- new air filter. (old one was like maraca)

On the to do:

- Fan Belts
- Rust repair
- suspension re-fresh
- 1 million other things im sure.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom