Dumpolina FJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dumpolina

SILVER Star
Threads
Sorry I had to ditch, this happened
821FD005-8D5F-4520-AC4B-E3F8DB11A421.jpeg

Now, you're moving in the right direction Grant. Congrats !!!!

Grant - What year is it? Looks like a solid body and good paint, with just a little rust under the grill there.

We had a 1987 60, and I liked that truck a lot. Finally got rid of it because it was giving me fits trying to get it to pass emissions. Larry Gorman bought it (Sandoval County, so no emissions) and he drove it for years.

Evan, ‘83 which I know is not ideal but it avoids emissions too, and I have a tbi 350 looking for a home. It’s a little rusty but nothing critical, the transmission leak seems to have protected a lot of the frame and brake/fuel lines. Since it’s rusty I’m not breaking any hearts putting a Chevy in it and sawzalling the fenders to clear 37’s :p:p:p

... I’m not breaking any hearts putting a Chevy in it ... :p:p:p

As much as I'm a loyalist to Toyota power plants, I approve. The only way I would own a 60 is with a Chevy V8 under the hood. To this day I admire the engines Juane and Greg installed in there trucks. It seems to make sense compared to the 2F.

Evan, ‘83 which I know is not ideal but it avoids emissions too,

You sure?

Edit:

Interesting, the City says something different.

Evan, ‘83 which I know is not ideal but it avoids emissions too, and I have a tbi 350 looking for a home. It’s a little rusty but nothing critical, the transmission leak seems to have protected a lot of the frame and brake/fuel lines. Since it’s rusty I’m not breaking any hearts putting a Chevy in it and sawzalling the fenders to clear 37’s :p:p:p

You had me at "sawzall"...... <SIGH>

I would agree with Pappy - as much of a Toyota guy I am, a 60 is too big of a truck for the 2F. If you only ever drove it off road, it's not a problem. Lots of low end torque. Unfortunately, we have all this pavement to drive to get to the dirt roads, and a stock 60 becomes a traffic hazard when trying to compete with the "modern" vehicles. A built 60 with some horsepower behind it will be awesome - can't wait to see it come to life!

Evan - a stock 80 is almost a traffic hazard with the mighty 1FZFE..... :bang:

I agree, and then we add at least 1,000 pounds of bumpers, sliders, winch, etc. If it wasn't for re-gearing, I wouldn't be able to get out of my own driveway!

With stock street tires, a 100-series does ok. Add some larger/heavier tires, sliders, bumpers, and it could use a few more ponies for getting out of its own way. But it sure beats the hell out of the 60 I used to have.

Congratulations, Grant!! Now you and Todd can swap stories... he picked up two to fiddle with.
He 'n I should compare notes... I have a carbed 350 with a 700R4 and the suburban with a 350, TBI and TH400. I also have a stand alone GM TBI brain and harness for V6 or V8. Hmm what should I do?
I'm torn between stuffing the 350 and 700R4 against the stock tcase, or using the 350 TBI and the stock case and 4speed.
I'd like to keep the tcase where it is for drive line angles (thus using the stock 4speed and a "Mark's:" adapter), but that overdrive would be nice
End goal is summer camper on 35's with the gumption of one of these 350's and highway manners, and the option of 37's or 39's for snow wheeling/winter camping.
SOA or shackle reversal/highsteer will occur once motor is sorted.
This rusty pig leaks more than anything I've ever owned... I think its name may be "spot"

Why not the 350TBI/700R4 and the LC transfer?

Why not the 350TBI/700R4 and the LC transfer?
Using the the Auto with either motor pushes the tcase rearward, lengthening the front shaft to the point that I think it’d be vulnerable and as mentioned, increasing the rear angles... this is probably what I’ll do and just deal with the angles, unless I can sell/trade the 700r4 and th400 for a NV4500. I’d way rather have a stick than an auto but hard to beat the tranny I already have vs. hunting one down.

... unless I can sell/trade the 700r4 and th400 for a NV4500.

As I recall, Tobascofish had a NV4500 behind his V8-60. Greg kept his H55F when he installed the V8.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom