Dull Headlights- 100 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have stock oem lamps and those are bright as sun. How good are the reflectors and glass on yours? clean the inside and use good branded light bulbs. Hi beam is crazy bright I hardly use it.

Can you say exactly what you are doing to "clean the inside"? There is some haze in my front glass (05 with glass, not plastic) that may be on the inside surface, but I have no idea how to get at it. Do you have something that goes through the hole where the bulb inserts? Or are you talking about cleaning the internal reflectors somehow? Thanks

Those are the ones. The tabs are the wrong size on the base of the bulb. I measured the tabs on the 9005/6 bulbs and then modified the tabs on the 9011/12 bulbs. Otherwise, they won’t fit correctly through the keyhole slots in the back of the projector housing.
Dumb question but why not just use the 9005/06 bulbs? What makes the 9011/12 worth modifying ?

I did the 9011/9012 mod. Low beams are still woefully inadequate. High beams are marginal. Yours may benefit from polishing/cleaning the exterior cover and/or adjusting them. On mine, I adjusted the up/down light position and that helped somewhat.

Projector Retrofits are the only way to go if you want great light output with control over that light output. My full retrofit was about $250 with a black Friday deal from TRS.

Driving around the LED's or HID's dropped into reflector housings (stock) that scatter light everywhere is dangerous to you and other drivers, with the added effect being that the useable light output sucks. If you're in snow they will blast everything in front of you and create snow blindness, likewise with fog.

Are there any good retrofits for the LC 100? Everything I’ve heard of here seems to always be talking about the LX.

And, agreed. Even with the 9011/12 upgrade, my lights in my LC are just barely good. WAY better than the bulbs they replaced, but with my dingy lenses, just barely in the good category.

I used these 2 threads for the cruiser retrofit DIY Land Cruiser Projector Retrofit and How To: HID+Projector Retrofit on a 100 Series. It was really daunting at first since I've never done it before, but once you get in there, it makes so much more sense.

I printed out all photos from the OP of the first thread. I read both threads over and over, but once you get in there, it all makes sense and is really simple.

Also, put your headlight face down in the oven on top of a flat piece of wood, and leave enough clearance on top away from the heat source so it doesn't melt.

Are there any good retrofits for the LC 100? Everything I’ve heard of here seems to always be talking about the LX.

And, agreed. Even with the 9011/12 upgrade, my lights in my LC are just barely good. WAY better than the bulbs they replaced, but with my dingy lenses, just barely in the good category.

If the plastic is distorted and yellow, it doesn't matter what bulb you put behind it.. You won't see much difference.

My headlights are discolored and cleaning them only last so long. Best bet is to buy new headlights, then go from there.

I found these on Amazon recently and am interested as they appear to be glass housing but chinesium made aftermarkets. Amazon product ASIN B07NZ46Z4S
For ~$300 you can get both assemblies doesn't seem to bad. Could be a good option if your glass housing (didn't this change to plastic in 2003?) is chipped or cracked. The HID/Bi-Xenon retrofit will probably be something I tackle next calendar year once I get all the other stuff in Alita baselined and then take care of the anemic stereo.

I used the trs morimoto kit and like it a lot.

My OEM headlights are glass so I'm not sure what discoloration you're seeing.

Can you say exactly what you are doing to "clean the inside"? There is some haze in my front glass (05 with glass, not plastic) that may be on the inside surface, but I have no idea how to get at it. Do you have something that goes through the hole where the bulb inserts? Or are you talking about cleaning the internal reflectors somehow? Thanks
I insert about 90% of a microfiber towel into the headlight through the bottom light bulb hole and then insert a rod. move the rod with the towel to pick most dust. Remove the towel and redo. Also. do you have the dust boots on both light bulbs? Mine didn't so I had to buy thise separately.

I found these on Amazon recently and am interested as they appear to be glass housing but chinesium made aftermarkets. Amazon product ASIN B07NZ46Z4S
For ~$300 you can get both assemblies doesn't seem to bad. Could be a good option if your glass housing (didn't this change to plastic in 2003?) is chipped or cracked. The HID/Bi-Xenon retrofit will probably be something I tackle next calendar year once I get all the other stuff in Alita baselined and then take care of the anemic stereo.

Since you are looking at those China made headlamp, another option for you, like to let you know I carry the DEPO 1 piece headlamp as well as glass replacement headlamp, both excellent quality DEPO made in Taiwan headlamp.

I'm looking to buy the Depo lights if I can find both sides for the Amazon price of ~$118 for the passenger's side for '06/'07, but I can't find the driver's side on Amazon or elsewhere for close to that price. Am I blind? Why would Amazon only carry one side??

edit: I found it at walmart for around $132, ugh still why doesn't Amazon carry it? It's pissing my mild ocd off.

I'm looking to buy the Depo lights if I can find both sides for the Amazon price of ~$118 for the passenger's side for '06/'07, but I can't find the driver's side on Amazon or elsewhere for close to that price. Am I blind? Why would Amazon only carry one side??

edit: I found it at walmart for around $132, ugh still why doesn't Amazon carry it? It's pissing my mild ocd off.
Spend the little extra per and support a community vendor (@ranma21). I have also found that with Amazon, many of their warehouses are small FBAs so they may only be able to get one side easily which is what you are seeing.

Spend the little extra per and support a community vendor (@ranma21). I have also found that with Amazon, many of their warehouses are small FBAs so they may only be able to get one side easily which is what you are seeing.

I tried, he told me to get it on Amazon. He doesn't carry the 06/07 stuff. Ebay, 1AAuto, and a few others carry them at relatively competitive prices now that I searched by model number.

I tried, he told me to get it on Amazon. He doesn't carry the 06/07 stuff. Ebay, 1AAuto, and a few others carry them at relatively competitive prices now that I searched by model number.

Indeed!! =)

Most aftermarket housings are not well made and may scatter lighy all over the road. One reported the housing got melted due to the heat of the light bulb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom