Dual swing out tire carrier bumper FJ40 $750 shipped (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey Sean, I haven't heard back from you.....just waiting on my rear bumper. Please let me know when it ships.

I'm really looking forward to getting it painted & installed.

Thanks man
Ruben

Received 1/7/16!!!!!!!!!!
20160107_174914.jpg
!! Thanks Sean. Will paint and post up some pics soon

20160108_171538.jpg
Ok so got my rear Bumper mounted up. Had a minor issue with the basket that i had to fudge a lil. Still need a lil more fudging........

but its on there and looks good, and functions great. Nice and smooth and i like the spring loaded lock to keep in place. For the 950 shipped to me I'm loving it. Thanks Sean. Heres some pics of the piece I received.

Sean-
I'm working on my 73 40 rebuild right now and I'd Like to have a quote on one of your Dual swingout carriers. Currently, I don't have a rear cross member, due to rust, so I'm looking at the possibility of a bumper that replaces the member and has housing for lights as well as capacity for jerry cans and 35" tire. Thanx

Hi Sean, If possible I would like for you to build me one exactly like 70Cruza's. I am currently overseas but my 74 is being restored by a buddy in NW Florida at the moment. My email is koaalex@gmail.com. I try to check it everyday but don't have the best connections here in Afghanistan.

Sean,
Hope you still are making these. I am very interested. I am at the end of restoring a 79 hj45. Sent you a PM

Still making them ?

I'm working on finding someone to help me build these, until then I'm not taking on any orders. But I am actively seeking out a solution as I really enjoy this type of work.
-Sean

Sean, I would like to get one of your double swingarm tire and cooler carriers for a 73 FJ. Can you get me a price quote to 78550? Thanks.
also do you by any chance make front bumpers for the FJ if so can you show some pics.

I'm working on finding someone to help me build these, until then I'm not taking on any orders. But I am actively seeking out a solution as I really enjoy this type of work.
-Sean
Sean I live in South Texas 78550 I would like one of these for my 73 Fj40 also a front bumper if you make them, can you get me a quote. Thank.

I finally found some shop space close to home, and will start producing these again next week! I am going to be building them individually and posting pics when each one is done at which point you can buy one pre made, going to do a few small tweaks for upgrades so stay tuned...

I have another Dual swing out bumper I recently built, I drove 300 miles with the three jerry cans loaded with fuel and it didn't rattle, has a center bolt for the two swing outs as a hold down, the tire I have mounted on it is a 35x12.5r15 and the tire mounting plate is a beefy 1/2" thick all the tubing throughout is 3/16" thick steel and is solid. It also has a license plate mount with mount for a license plate light. Will have more pictures on friday.

Thanks,
-Sean
Edit:
I have changed a few things from the original design, first I am now using 1/4" thick tubing on the main bumper tube, second I am using primarily toggle clamps for a latch, and third I have switched to a nicer smaller spring pin for the swing away lock, as well I supply a license plate holder with built in light for every bumper.

I can no longer do the $750 shipped so now the price is 750 plus shipping usually around 150 to most places in the lower 48, also I am willing to do small changes for a custom approach at no extra charge, so you can choose to have your preference of latch type, jerry can carrier, or cooler carrier, hi-lift mount etc. pretty much whatever within reason to the same context of the design.
Thanks,
-Sean
Love to get one built
How long is the build time.?
I'm in california.
Paypal for payment?

Thanks
Wickywick

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom