dual battery system (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
thinking about hooking up dual battery in both 40's. where do you guys mount the extra batt tray? stock 2f and h

i think that with the Hj you can extend the length of the standard battery tray to take two full size, and you can just bolt the isolator on the side. Or they allways fit if you want to make up a carrier underneith the side like where everyone puts them on traybacks. Dont know about the FJ, but the BJ fits one on either side of the radiator if you remove the radiator return.

Dont forget the isolator!

thanks.i was looking at extending the tray on the HJ.

on my 82 fj40 I extending the stock tray just a bit and put 2 Odyessy 1200's in. I had to move nothing to make them fit, tray bolted up to stock mount.

35435845.jpg

35435842.jpg

38346775.jpg

Hey Landpimp, how do you like those Odysses anyhow? I've been looking into them for a while now, I love the CCA for the size and especially the weight.

[quote author=Archengine link=board=1;threadid=10217;start=msg91278#msg91278 date=1074359389]
Hey Landpimp, how do you like those Odysses anyhow? I've been looking into them for a while now, I love the CCA for the size and especially the weight.
[/quote]

so far real happy.

best prices(and good service) is batteryweb.com

the 1200's cost $167.50 to my door.

size wise the 1200 is much smaller than an Optima.
32155976.jpg

running 3 of the Exide Orbitals Extrems in 2 other Cruisers, these seem to be a great battery, same size as a Optima, cost less, better features.

Used 1/0 welding cable, Wrangler Northwest battery manager(to swtich the batts), 200 amp selnoid. On my fj60 set up, I did the same but as I run a 200 amp alt I used a Mega Fuse inline for the alt to battery.
38346535.jpg

this is the 3rd Cruiser I used the Wangler stuff on, super happy with it.

[quote author=Lost_crusiers link=board=1;threadid=10217;start=msg91377#msg91377 date=1074371887]
Looks good how did you wire it? and what size relay is that. JL
[/quote]

looking under the Hj, i'd have to move the washer bottle and the overflow bottle, or find a new place.

the fj looks almost too easy.

remember here i'm using truck/tractor batteries as a starter for my diesel 45... their pretty big

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom