DT Long Tube Headers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The long tubes headers add serious power to both normally aspirated and supercharged engines. Dyno gains of 35 - 40hp are normal for the 5.7L SC engines. OBX has a stainless steel tig welded copy of the DT headers. While I'm a fan of the construction and price, I'm not a fan of the fact that they copied DT and are made in China.

Does your 4.6 have the air injection ports on the cylinder heads?

Done! URD assured me that i won't get any additional codes as long as i use their simulator when the front cats are removed. i hope to pass the next emissions examination

Ive had mine for a year now with the TRD filter, my only complaint is the extreme gas fumes at idle. TBH i didn't notice much power gain although im sure I got a few extra HP and a couple of nicely added decibels :beer:

Ive had mine for a year now with the TRD filter, my only complaint is the extreme gas fumes at idle. TBH i didn't notice much power gain although im sure I got a few extra HP and a couple of nicely added decibels :beer:

which TRD filter are you referring to, air or oil?

The toyota house here in Dallas wants 1000.00 just to install the headers. Does that seem right?

I had my truck in to do short DT headers for 48 hrs. They charged me $450 CDN, or like 5 hrs labour. No problem doing it, just need small hands and patience. I supplied headers, gaskets and all hardware (some stuff is not recommended by Toyota to be reused).

Not sure how much long headers would change the 5 hrs. But I can't see it being much.

LCKID, im using an air filter the shop threw in for free when i purchased the Long tubes.

As for labor, if the shop has the right tools it shouldnt take more than 3 hours. Installation was approx $380 here.

LCKID, im using an air filter the shop threw in for free when i purchased the Long tubes.

As for labor, if the shop has the right tools it shouldnt take more than 3 hours. Installation was approx $380 here.

thanks a lot for the info. i have the TRD air box (filter???) that came with the SC. i wonder if there is a way to better that?

will upload pics and update once headers are installed.

Does your 4.6 have the air injection ports on the cylinder heads?

I'm not exactly sure I'll find out and post up as soon as I do

Just picked up my LC; DT headers installed, definitely a difference including sound

anyone have issues where the headers meets the exhaust? mine are tightened down as much as possible, however still slide (in-and-outwards) quite a bit. Also, my right-hand side catalytic converter is making a terrible sound now from it's inside. almost sounds like it's broken to pieces and they are rattling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom