Drunk Driver Smashed my Cruiser in my Driveway! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
A drunk driver ran into my neighbors pick up last night and then managed to smash into my driveway pushing my cruiser into my pick up and smashing them both up pretty good. The cruiser has been my pet project and favorite vehicle for eight years now. The kid totalled his GMC sonoma and was taken away in handcuffs. No word yet if he's got insurance and even if he does they'll probably total
the landcruiser. Makes me sick.....Don't Drink and Drive!!!!!!! I can't imagine hauling my 60 to a junkyard or parting it out... Can someone give me some recommendations on rear quarters? Ill be needing both.... Already have plans to fab a rear bumper.
Thanks,
David

bummer, same happened to my buddy in the middle of the night. his neighbor chased the kid down the whole block and sat on his chest til the cops got there...

F'n horrible. I remember seeing that cruiserparts.net will chop up the section of quarter panel needed. Maybe look for a parted out rig???

That sucks! worthless people out there

Thanks guys, I forgot to mention that I just ordered an ARB bull bar, halogen lights and new front turn signals two days ago....This is going to get spendy....Too late to turn back now; I 'll be trying to get a hold of Cruiserparts tomorrow (thats a whole other adventure!) I wish I could wait but I really want it driveable soon...
David

Damn. That sucks balls. Sorry to hear that. I'd be devastated if some asswipe hit my 60.

Man, thats s***ty.
I'm kinda in the same boat in that regard at the moment. Although I was the one doing the smashing (and wasnt drunk, just on my way home from work)
Anyway, If I try use my insurance to fix my cruiser, they will surely write it off. So I'm telling the insurance company my vehical is "just fine" and I'll fix it my self.
I've got WAY too much invested into it to let the insurance company give me nothing for it becouse they dont want to put out the money to fix it.
Sorry for you loss man, but there is an option...tell the insurance company nothing is wrong, find the little prick, kill him, and sell his organs to pay for your repairs.

somebody needs to get their arse whooped!!! Hope you get your truck fixed and fixed well.

where are you?

There was a parts truck in Whitehall, Montana for sale for $900 last week. He said the front fender was missing. He said it ran, but I doubt that it ran well.

Man, thats ****ty.
I'm kinda in the same boat in that regard at the moment. Although I was the one doing the smashing (and wasnt drunk, just on my way home from work)
Anyway, If I try use my insurance to fix my cruiser, they will surely write it off. So I'm telling the insurance company my vehical is "just fine" and I'll fix it my self.
I've got WAY too much invested into it to let the insurance company give me nothing for it becouse they dont want to put out the money to fix it.
Sorry for you loss man, but there is an option...tell the insurance company nothing is wrong, find the little prick, kill him, and sell his organs to pay for your repairs.

don't know if your damage is the front of your 60, but i have one i am parting that has lots of good front end parts on it, including sheet metal and grill/ headlight door parts

best regards

Gord

dude, that SUCKS!!

my condolences to your Cruiser..... a moment of silence people...

-db-

If the insurance company want to total the truck and write it off you have a couple of options. You can keep the vehicle for the salvage money and keep the rest to fix it. The best option to get them to pay more is to have replace the truck instead of paying for it if they want to total it. That will usually get there thinking up when they start looking around to buy you a similar one.

Bob it, cut the roof off, and make it a dedicated trail rig. Sometimes I wish mine would get a little mangled so I could chop it up, but it is just way too clean.

Got any pics of what it looks like post accident?

NEVER take their first offer. I was hit at 40 mph in my 62 (sadly I let them total it) but they offered me 1250 for it. I had bad 3200 for it the month before. They were gauging the price on 2 local cruisers that were completely rusted out with 300,000 miles. So I insisted that they do a national search for comparison. They told me to, So I did. When the recieved the 150 pages of for sale cruisers showing an average price of 7500 they were more than happy to give me 5000 for it just so I'd leave them alone. Turned around paid off some bills, bought an 84 with 300,000 for 1250.

Any pics?Hate to see em, just wanna see how bad they got ya.

I'm in kansas and am planning to rebuild. The drunk driver was on his second offense and had no insurance....I found out today. I plan to bite the bullet ( I carried only liability on the cruiser...stupid) and go ahead and find the parts I need. Most essentially I need the two back quarters with the turn signals etc... I plan to have a bumper fabbed locally and I already own a rust free lift gate tail gate combo. It may not make sense to some people, but I may just use the money I get from my fully covered F-150 (which was also involved) to fix up the cruiser. again. I've never filed in small claims court before, but that will be my only recourse.:mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom