drowned lx 470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Calling Chris Sandstorm....Chris Sandstorm will you please come to this thread.

Before he gets here, do you mind telling us what happened?

Agge... sorry to hear about your situation. Please post pics.

Hellava first post! Remember, before you grab the winch cable, grab the camera! It only takes a very small amount of water to cause a tremendous amount of engine damage.

Before he gets here, do you mind telling us what happened?

I'd be willing to bet he doesn't want to talk about it. I wasn't there, but Chris told me the story. Loud was with him I believe.

Water that deep can be a nightmare. I'm guessing you've already started pulling things apart to get them aired out? At least pull the seats, carpet and panels out. And, call your insurance company?

That sucks for sure.

When you're ready to crank the engine over, be sure to remove the spark plugs first. This will prevent a nasty surprise in the event water got into the cylinders.

Time to move fast. Drain all fluids and get cranking on drying all those electronics boxes and connectors...

good luck, where did this happen

did this not long after i got my rig. Had water up to the bottom of the dash on the passenger and just under that driver.

engine stayed running, lost ac/blower motors/radio/most of my gauges

drove it home, ripped the seats out, ripped the carpet out. vacuumed/dried as much as i could and put fans everywhere.

checked oil, no water let the engine run with the windows up and heater on full blast for about 4 hours. car turned into a sauna but it got hot enough to slowly dry everything out.

after 4 hours EVERYTHING worked great with the exception on the under seat amp. It was toast, had to buy a new one.

started it up again in the morning and let it get nice in hot inside again for 2 hrs.

That was 9mo ago. Truck is 100%, runs like a champ.

pics:
6322815786_850f217878_b.jpg

6334046925_a39e32c4ae_b.jpg

6335501198_fe9507dd8e_b.jpg

it sank another 8-10 inches after this pic was taken.

it can be fixed, just need to get moving, time is not on your side.

here is picture shows same case as my case! as i said luckily ten minutes but like this situation who wants to walk away from car to get a picture! i dried out(i assume) computer/parking assist/ navigation computer under the seat! and engine control(ECU or s/thing). finally i got the car in garage after 2 days of struggling with mud and rain. i pulled out 6 sparks of 8(closest two sparks to driver's front location were very hard to pull out/ i need to find a better tool for them)---- out of 6 only one had water rest were totally dry! i think it takes longer time and effort to find out about wiring! check picture my situation is like 2 more inches deeper! Drowned lexus 470 and toyota LC - 4x4 Community Forum

I will never understand the allure of driving through water that you don't know the depth of. Good luck with the dry out!

in my case i knew the depth, was trying to yank out the jeep pictured and got dug in the sand.

and it looks like you were a lot worse off than i was!

you have your work cut out for you on the wiring as I was fortunate enough to have a running car and less options. Please post as you figure everything out.

Thats no good, sorry to hear that.

On a side note, Chris will be doing a presentation at the FJ Summit about water rescue.....

I will never understand the allure of driving through water that you don't know the depth of. Good luck with the dry out!

when you cross the river - it looks shallow! and it obviously a cross river! begining of the river is shallaw and suddenly your truck crashes in big trench, sucks water through air filter....when engine stops- it sucks water back through exhaust all the way engine..

and i made mistake not checking the water depth before i start drive into water,,,,, i will never do it again!
thanks

here is picture shows same case as my case! as i said luckily ten minutes but like this situation who wants to walk away from car to get a picture! i dried out(i assume) computer/parking assist/ navigation computer under the seat! and engine control(ECU or s/thing). finally i got the car in garage after 2 days of struggling with mud and rain. i pulled out 6 sparks of 8(closest two sparks to driver's front location were very hard to pull out/ i need to find a better tool for them)---- out of 6 only one had water rest were totally dry! i think it takes longer time and effort to find out about wiring! check picture my situation is like 2 more inches deeper! Drowned lexus 470 and toyota LC - 4x4 Community Forum

Pretty amazing this thing still runs.

Here is what you need for spark plugs - Change Your Spark Plugs - TLC FAQ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom