Builds DRKDSS 2021 LC200 build thread. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I Finally was able to afford a LC200. It took me 3 attempts to actually land one. The First 2 the dealer straight up sold them as I was making my way to them. One required a plane ticket šŸ˜†šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø and they sold it while in flight lmao.

Anyway, I ended up sharing the story with a local dealer about 1hr south of me. I told them I would come down if they just agreed they would negotiate and not sell it with in 2 hours of me making my way there ( busy day that day). This dealer was actually the first place I called when I first decided itā€™s time to get a lc200. I ended up making a really nice deal with them on a 2021 heritage edition with only 24k miles. Super happy. Man this thing is so nice.

I already have a bunch of parts ready to get this build going. Iā€™m really good buddies with Totalchaosfabrication. So naturally Iā€™m going to run all their goodies with some additions of some parts I have in the works for the LC200.

AB20C5BC-F200-4A92-9252-24D4528FD660.jpeg

3.0 king shocks for gen2 Tundra for the front along with the TC tundra upper and lower arms. Oem tundra outer tie rods and oem Tundra cv axles. I will be designing an endlink that will allow this to bolt up to the kdss front sway bar with no bind in the suspension cycle. This link will allow one to use it on oem tundra lowers for those that use oem tundra arms. Iā€™ll definitely make a bracket that will allow it to be double shear for the oem lower arm.
0BA790DE-3B5C-41AD-B275-974D39C5C2F3.jpeg

73DE9512-D571-4139-9168-6ECB44A7A3BC.jpeg

Cam tab gussets and spindle gussets because I donā€™t tread lightly ! Some ppl are going to be so butt hurt when you see how hard Iā€™m going to go with thisā€¦ ā€œ for testing purposes ā€œ.
349CC73B-5407-44CD-9A96-7AC2AD2D08DF.jpeg

E44EDC0A-174B-407C-9543-998AA7F72808.jpeg

Last edited:
Iā€™m sticking with the 18ā€ bbs forged wheels for now šŸ¤­. Also for now Iā€™ll be using some toyo at3 in a 285/75/17. I will most likely get the fenders custom rolled to allow some tucking of the tires. But I will set the bump stops before the tires can hit the inner fenders.

0EED2D02-1C4B-47A4-AB70-CE2A60B4AABD.jpeg

On my 4r I have it completely tubā€™d and it will fully bump 35s
DAF5E4C8-8E3A-4348-9A93-5EF111244FC8.jpeg
3EB63257-6B8B-41C5-A5C0-BBDCA3E6A1AE.jpeg

3.0 double bypass for the rear
49517FC9-AEF3-42E2-A20B-CAB94FBF0192.jpeg

3.0 Tundra king shock coilovers but these will be for sale once King finishes my 3.0 tundra IBP coilover šŸ˜†šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø.

TC had these waiting on the shelf for me.

B2310A84-8324-4A14-93AF-0CF8900B170F.jpeg

Last edited:
Iā€™ll be doing a high clearance tube bumper ( baja style ) but will for sure add a winch for this build. And Iā€™ll be using 4122 goodies (which I helped design some parts šŸ˜¬) !

1659DED8-DC45-48AD-969E-6A442740EFB1.jpeg

Glad to see you here in the mix. With a serious build lined up for a rare HE!

I've been a fan of your stuff and parts for the 4R/GX sisters. Looking forward to your contributions to the 200-series. Too bad the KDSS on the 200-series can't benefit from your DrKDSS switch for the 4R/GX and I've been encouraging my buddy to get, so he can really open it up on the desert washes and corrugations. Who knows, I think we might see some unique options for the 200-series from this. šŸ‘

Glad to see you here in the mix. With a serious build lined up for a rare HE!

I've been a fan of your stuff and parts for the 4R/GX sisters. Looking forward to your contributions to the 200-series. Too bad the KDSS on the 200-series can't benefit from your DrKDSS switch for the 4R/GX and I've been encouraging my buddy to get, so he can really open it up on the desert washes and corrugations. Who knows, I think we might see some unique options for the 200-series from this. šŸ‘
I actually was think about adding some solenoids to the system but honestly most lc200 owners I think wonā€™t do it. I might experiment with it on this lc200.

Thanks for the kindness !!

Subscribed

Brake lines from Crown Performance. +3 for the front and +2 for the rear center. The rest are standard length just in smoked steel braid.
CA1D6E4C-DF49-4709-A735-7F117A8835BC.jpeg

Part numbers for reference. I saw a member ( BRYSON) had posted this info. But when I ordered based off his invoice. They didnā€™t recognize it or couldnā€™t find it. But we ended up figuring it out and I guess this is a new part number now based off my build. I hope it helps.

B5BB093B-5142-4D9B-A011-CD7C4D8CEA58.jpeg

Brake lines from Crown Performance. +3 for the front and +2 for the rear center. The rest are standard length just in smoked steel braid.
View attachment 3304765

Part numbers for reference. I saw a member ( BRYSON) had posted this info. But when I ordered based off his invoice. They didnā€™t recognize it or couldnā€™t find it. But we ended up figuring it out and I guess this is a new part number now based off my build. I hope it helps.

View attachment 3304766

Those brake lines are exactly what im looking for.

Also, love to see a 200 get spoiled with big boy gear! Too many stretched budgets out there in these streets LOL

I'm curious if you will need to notch your coil bucket for the reservoir fitting, like I had to on my LX.

I mentioned this before too, but would like to make sure you are aware.

On full bottom out with Camburg Tundra arms, my upper arms just kiss the fenders. The TC arms have a misalignment spacer and the bolt head sticking out of the uniball. I would cycle the suspension and verify the bolt head doesn't contact the upper fender before bottom out.

Cool build!

Those brake lines are exactly what im looking for.

Also, love to see a 200 get spoiled with big boy gear! Too many stretched budgets out there in these streets LOL
šŸ˜†šŸ˜†šŸ‘ŠšŸ½
I'm curious if you will need to notch your coil bucket for the reservoir fitting, like I had to on my LX.

I mentioned this before too, but would like to make sure you are aware.

On full bottom out with Camburg Tundra arms, my upper arms just kiss the fenders. The TC arms have a misalignment spacer and the bolt head sticking out of the uniball. I would cycle the suspension and verify the bolt head doesn't contact the upper fender before bottom out.

Cool build!
1000% I always cycle my builds. No matter what. What size tires did you run on the setup you are talking about ? Iā€™m setting my bumps so I donā€™t contact the tires on the inner fender. My 4runner is full tubā€™d so I get max up travel on 35s. Notching the coil buckets seems pretty easy!!

This build is more of a family baja road hauler and yes it will be able to boogie in the dirt.

For the resi Iā€™m going to most likely make my own custom hose so I can relocate the resi to behind the front suspension vs the front.

Cycling it will def let me know what I need to do. Idk how to install suspension with out cycling it anyway lol.

On the 4r I literally have 1/8ā€ of shaft showing at full bump and absolutely no tire contact even full lock full bump. Itā€™s amazing how fast this 4r can move and I donā€™t even have my 3link rear yet which Iā€™m going to introduce a new style 3link soon and yes I still have kdss.

139A0C36-1ABC-4419-8D2B-336A91634C57.jpeg

Last edited:
šŸ˜†šŸ˜†šŸ‘ŠšŸ½

1000% I always cycle my builds. No matter what. What size tires did you run on the setup you are talking about ? Iā€™m setting my bumps so I donā€™t contact the tires on the inner fender. My 4runner is full tubā€™d so I get max up travel on 35s. Notching the coil buckets seems pretty easy!!

This build is more of a family baja road hauler and yes it will be able to boogie in the dirt.

For the resi Iā€™m going to most likely make my own custom hose so I can relocate the resi to behind the front suspension vs the front.

Cycling it will def let me know what I need to do. Idk how to install suspension with out cycling it anyway lol.

On the 4r I literally have 1/8ā€ of shaft showing at full bump and absolutely no tire contact even full lock full bump. Itā€™s amazing how fast this 4r can move and I donā€™t even have my 3link rear yet which Iā€™m going to introduce a new style 3link soon and yes I still have kdss.

View attachment 3309924
285-75r17 wouldn't rub the upper fender liner on full compression.

To fit 35 x 12.5 r17 I had to pull the fenders out about 3/4" they rub a little on the fender liner on full compression.

Just to be clear I was talking about the hydraulic fitting coming off the top of the shock, it comes into contact with the coil bucket, at least on the LX using the Tundra shocks.
20230428_161006-jpg.3309895

Vs this other version, which claimed was the tundra version, but judging off the reservoir mounting it isn't, probably LC version.
6da10d46-6535-4a55-82e0-38dc064f6cbf-jpeg.2762224

285-75r17 wouldn't rub the upper fender liner on full compression.

To fit 35 x 12.5 r17 I had to pull the fenders out about 3/4" they rub a little on the fender liner on full compression.

Just to be clear I was talking about the hydraulic fitting coming off the top of the shock, it comes into contact with the coil bucket, at least on the LX using the Tundra shocks.
20230428_161006-jpg.3309895

Vs this other version, which claimed was the tundra version, but judging off the reservoir mounting it isn't, probably LC version.
6da10d46-6535-4a55-82e0-38dc064f6cbf-jpeg.2762224
Iā€™m thinkn I will have to clearance the bucket like you mentioned.

Yeah Iā€™m doing 285/75/18 for now. Waiting on innov8 wheels to finish. Iā€™m getting some custom made to match the tundra rock warrior wheel but thatā€™s like 8month away. So that give me time to wear down the setup as far as tires and wheels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom