Drivers Armrest Needed. Solutions? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

OK - I'm actually rather impressed with that. I wonder what it would cost to get them to the US.

I'd have to check how much they cost & shipping then give you an estimate!

I'm getting the warm and "fuzzy" feeling when I'm looking at those pictures... :hillbilly:

Hehehe! :p

I want those fluffy seat covers!!! :) What are they? They look expensive... And they put mine to shame.

Did you have to build the enclosure around the factory console or does that come with the armrest? Thanks

I installed a Tuffy locking console for several reasons, including arm support. There are some pics of it in Comment#8 in this post:
https://forum.ih8mud.com/electronic-toys/333965-anyone-ever-install-cb-tuffy.html

I have to have support under my elbow to drive long distances -- or if i spend all day 'wheelin. The shoulder is busted, cut on, and rehabbed so that it doesn't want to pop out anymore. I count my blessings.

The way my console is works for me because I'm 6'+. I shift around between the Tuffy pad on top and the slightly lower and further forward area with the light green padding. I also have it sitting several inches higher than it would normally be mounted. The mod is pretty easy and you could get it set where you would best make use of it as support.

Someone shorter who would sit closer to the wheel might want the Tuffy without the radio cubbyhole at the front. It has a padded section that goes farther forward.

I want those fluffy seat covers!!! :) What are they? They look expensive... And they put mine to shame.

LoOoL They come both cheap and expensive! These were close to $100 if my memory serves me correctly!

x2 it looks like the perfect solution

;)

Did you have to build the enclosure around the factory console or does that come with the armrest? Thanks

They make them like that! Custom made in middle eastern countries and they make it for both the Land Cruiser and Nissan Safari/Patrol!

Find an upholsterer who will add 4-5" of foam and a new piece of vinyl to your arm rest. I had it done to my 1994 80. It flipped open a little different but still worked well.

My office chair armrest adaptation. The padded piece is easily removed by loosening 2 screws from underneath. My plan is to create a new piece in more of the shape of a vehicle armrest and have it covered to match the seat covers.

It's adjustable up and down using the button seen on the rear.

If I sound uber proud of it, I'm not. I think it's kind of :hillbilly: , but it serves it's purpose.
P1030206 [800x600].jpg
P1030208 [800x600].jpg

I did no know that they still made Compact Cassette Tapes :D.

Below you will find pics of my armrest! Here in the middle east, these armrests are sold at automotive stores around town.

2008_03190029Medium.jpg

2008_03190034Medium.jpg

2008_03190032Medium.jpg

2008_03190033Medium.jpg

2008_03190031Medium.jpg

I actually added two cup holders to the back!

I did no know that they still made Compact Cassette Tapes :D.

Hahaha! They still do! When you go to the record store they give you the choice of cassette or CD! I have 2 head units due to the fact that I have many tapes that I've collected throughout the years from the 80s till last year! :p

I am now thinking that building a center console out of wood, incorporating a rear facing 8" sub, and making it wider up top so that i have an armrest might be a better idea. I will probably wrap the entire thing in a thin layer of foam, and then wrap with brown leather. Probably line the interior with all weather carpet, just need to figure out how to do the lid.

I am now thinking that building a center console out of wood, incorporating a rear facing 8" sub, and making it wider up top so that i have an armrest might be a better idea. I will probably wrap the entire thing in a thin layer of foam, and then wrap with brown leather. Probably line the interior with all weather carpet, just need to figure out how to do the lid.

The one I posted of my center console add-on is made of wood!

The one I posted of my center console add-on is made of wood!

Does yours sit over the original console?

I am thinking of completely replacing the entire console and building from scratch, and attaching it using the factory bolt holes.

Does anyone have a picture of the the center with the console removed?

Does yours sit over the original console?

I am thinking of completely replacing the entire console and building from scratch, and attaching it using the factory bolt holes.

Does anyone have a picture of the the center with the console removed?

Yup! The one I have sits on top of the original console and gives me access to the original center armrest and the fridge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom