Drilling out CV flange to fit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.cardomain.com
OK I just had my DS lengthened F/R and the CV's from a 84 pickup welded on . They look good to :) . In all of this i forgot that the flange on the CV is bigger bolt to bolt then the output of the transfer case. Is it OK to go ahead and drill them out to fit???? Sorry for the stupid question just figure I would ask what you guys think..... OOO ya my hi-steer kit from 4X4 Labs will be here soon :beer: :beer: :beer: cant wait.

As long as there is enough material left around the bolt hole, but IIRC, drilling these holes out will leave that area pretty thin...

Do you have another flange that you can drill four new holes in to match the pattern on the CV?

If you do, that is the direction I would go.

Good luck!

-Steve

i recall mine having basically the same bolt pattern, but the p brake studs were larger diameter. is that the issue or is the bolt pattern truly the issue?
are you asking about drilling the yoke flange or the drum and redoing the studs?
i don't know what year my drum came off of, but i just eged out the cv holes and bolted it up.

yeah, I redrilled the pbrake drum and reused the old studs after turning about 45*

I got a new flange for the front and redrill to match the mini pattern.

mike

Thanks guys, When i was posting i was thinking of drilling out the CV flange itself but kind figured it would not leave much material and the studs would be to tight to bolt up nice. I do think i'm going to drill the pbrake drum,sine80 where you get the new front flange from. I cant wait to get this thing going again I haven't had it going in 8 months ,but i don't get to much time to work on it . I got a set of 38.5x15X15 boggers lined up 95 % left for a good price not sure if I want to go that big we will see .

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom