Door Weatherstripping (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1973Guppie

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.noahsarkstlc.com
I am trying to find a cheap alternative to the toyota door weatherstripping. I have a 73 40 and am going to be runnign a kayline soft top. The doors usually don't seal that great against the soft top so I plan only to use the wstripping where the door meets the body. For these reasons I am looking for a cheap alternative. I will probably need to cut and mold the generic stripping to my doors. JC Whitney has a bunch of different types and was wondering if anyone has used any of these? or which ones look like the stock cruiser wstripping (or close?). looks like #F may work? here's the jc link:

http://www.jcwhitney.com/product.jhtml?CATID=65532&BQ=jcw2

I was planning on using some cheap hardware store sticky backed foam stuff but I don't think it is going to be thick enough?

I just ordered and installed the ccot's weatherstripping on the inside of my hard doors. They had to be cut down a little,leaving a seam at the bottom of the door.I ordered their 3M weatherstrip adhesive as well and it's sticking fine so far.

I used front door weatherstripping from a Toyota van I found in a self serve junkyard:
478239362.139071064.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.565x373.jpg

I think they're from the mid 1980's and both weatherstripping cost me $10. The curves and corners match the top part of the FJ40 door pretty closely and the material is so pliable it's not too hard to make them follow the FJ40 door shape. There is more material than I needed so I had to cut it shorter. I used 3M weatherstrip cement to glue them on. I think the quality of factory Toyota rubber is way better than most aftermarket.

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom