DOOR LOCK IGNITION SHORT HJ61 1988 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all!
Finally an HJ61 owner!!👍🙏
My first LC is giving me some challenges already. Trying to restore some elec "shortcuts" previous owner(s) invented.
20200128_162037.jpg

1. Central Door lock sw unlock = Lights up the instrument panel (like IGN) even in ignition OFF. Everything looks ok in the doorside with the connections. Just follow the Door Lock sw cable and find the hotwire connection?
Solved: 1 of the aft Door Control Relay short. Cleaned and working
2. Cigarette lighter has power all the time. Hotwired. Maybe associated to 1?
Solved: It's hotwired to battery and should work with IGN OFF
3. Aft Window wiper is always on when connected and ignition in ACC. Even when panel switch is disconnected. Ground issue in the aft??
Will measure as the Body maintenance manual instructs but wierd it works without the switch connected.
In progress: Suspected Relay problem
4. Horn works as hotwired to battery, ignition is OFF. Looks like it should be in the elec wire scheme. Anyone can confirm this?
Solved: It's hotwired to battery and should work with IGN OFF
This is the main elec items I've found. Hope to get some guidance or experience maybe by some of you.

Thanks!
(Excited to be a new HJ61 member😁)

Last edited:
I bet someone know how to help sort this elec issue🙈🙏

Ok.. the DOOR LOCK CONTROL SW on B-Circuit gives power to the ST1 but its on D-Circuit on the scheme below. (Not ACC as mentioned above)

Possible short (or "home made wiring) issue could maybe be tracked to POWER WINDOW MASTER SWITCH as this is on the D-Circuit.

Will investigate during the day if the window/lock control panel in the side door is feeding from C-Circuit to D-Circuit that then energize the ST1.

Am I thinking correctly?

20200207_093058.jpg

20200207_093124.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom