Door Identification (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Need some help with door identification on an Euro spec BJ40. I'm supplying weatherstripping for these doors to a customer. Customer states the car is a 1975 model year. What throws me off is that the inside of the door looks like a '74, yet the car has ambulance doors. Was there some kind of hybrid design for Europe?

Door and vent window weatherstripping are both different between US spec '74 and '75 cars. If this is a '74 style door, does that mean the door frame and vent window is the '74 style also?

Driver Door.jpg

Driver Door Inside.jpg

Inside Door.jpg

foto toyota 4.jpg

Last edited:
I can't help, but want to say this customer is lucky to have such an attentive vendor taking the time to make sure the correct parts are delivered. 2nd to none Roger!

yes that is a 75' .... in usa it went to 12/74 for model year 74'

his door handles are not correct however.... those are later years

they had options for ambi doors and lift gates well before us (72') and well after us... like till the end it was still an option. it would use the earlier weatherstripping

he most likely has the larger turn signals.... could even be the clear lenses... dont know actual location he is at

lit from 79':

both doors in 1979.jpg

Last edited:
@JohnnyC Thanks very much for the knowledge. This one is from Spain; however, I've come across another '75 from New Zealand with the same spec.

Any thoughts on whether the drain hoses would be like a '74 (going through the firewall) or '75 (goes straight down)? I'll eventually get the photos but the customer is currently away from the vehicle.

They did use the older tub style (USA -74’ tubs) in 75’ for NA fst rigs… there was one or two here on mud… you can look it up on toyodiy and compare pillar styles even

I’ve already researched it … they technically did use the older tub in certain applications/markets

I think that Roger’s customer probably build date in late 74’ … it’s a 75’ model … there in Spain

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom