Dometic Drawer Fridge (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Still seems like a really nice setup. It really does fit most of my needs, which is weekend stuff. I have a 65qt chest fridge that could always get thrown in for more people/longer trips.

This drawer would give the perfect sleeping platform setup....

:hmm:

The largest "drawer height" fridge I've seen is the 40L Evakool. But I don't know of any vendors in the US...

Still seems like a really nice setup. It really does fit most of my needs, which is weekend stuff. I have a 65qt chest fridge that could always get thrown in for more people/longer trips.

This drawer would give the perfect sleeping platform setup....

:hmm:
We have a 56L Snowmaster twin just behind the pax seat for the frozen meat and drinks etc - the drawer fridge belongs to swambo for all her salads,cheese and sauces etc which she can now get to without having to climb into the vehicle everytime ..

The largest "drawer height" fridge I've seen is the 40L Evakool. But I don't know of any vendors in the US...

Thank you. Estimating according to standard bottle and can sizes here in the US, It looks to have almost identical dimensions to the ENGLE, about 30L as well? Despite what they are advertising

*Edit, found the specs ~ Internal Dimensions: 20.875 x 17.375 x 6.25 (L x W x H) So about 36L.

Last edited:

I looked for ages for a supplier in ZA without luck ..... however the 30L engel has proved to be large enough as a secondary fridge for our needs

Also, looking at the Dometic and Phil's pic, it seems to have about 15L of space...

This couldn't have been more timely. I've been going back and forth on a tilt slide for my RTIC 65, but the value just isn't there. For the price of a slide, I can get into one of these Dometic CD30s just about. I'm seeing them on Amazon for $550 right now (still bananas).

Are these foot mounted? Or is an enclosure needed to hold? I'd like to mount it on top of my drawers rather than lose the space and need to determine if building something is necessary (although I imagine the compressor is out in the open and an enclosure really is necessary to protect).

Side note, why does Engel call their 32 QT option a "40 QT"??

This couldn't have been more timely. I've been going back and forth on a tilt slide for my RTIC 65, but the value just isn't there. For the price of a slide, I can get into one of these Dometic CD30s just about. I'm seeing them on Amazon for $550 right now (still bananas).

Are these foot mounted? Or is an enclosure needed to hold? I'd like to mount it on top of my drawers rather than lose the space and need to determine if building something is necessary (although I imagine the compressor is out in the open and an enclosure really is necessary to protect).

I don't know about the Dometic but the Engel is mounted with 4 L shaped brackets - I would always mount it in an enclosed area, at least to protect the compressor ( which can be mounted up to 2m away from the unit), from dust.

I don't know about the Dometic but the Engel is mounted with 4 L shaped brackets - I would always mount it in an enclosed area, at least to protect the compressor ( which can be mounted up to 2m away from the unit), from dust.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom