Dometic Drawer Fridge (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LandCruiserPhil

Peter Pan Syndrome
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Dometic drawer fridge ya or nay.

I have been using a CF50 Dometic for a few years and very happy with its performance. I have had done many 5 day trips without issue. Recently I did a 5 day trip using a Dometic drawer fridge and questioned if it would be enough. I had prior knowledge of a very experienced US travel couple that had completed 9 months in South America using the same fridge.

I found it to be adequate for my trip and plus one for convenience of access. I did find some properly sized liquid containers (Walmart ~$2ea) to help considerably with the organization. Along with efficient sizing you learn quickly about rotating in common used liquids (beer) to keep up with demand. All in all I see this as a workable fridge for many builds where space and power is a premium. Power usage was measured at ~50w making it lower than the full sized units. Using A single 90ah battery along with other power demand I was able to make 12 hours without issue at ~38°

IMG_9521.JPG
IMG_9522.JPG
IMG_9523.JPG
IMG_9524.JPG

Man, looks like youre roughing it :rolleyes:

Phil, the drawer fridge is 31 quarts, correct? I like the idea of them for space and efficiency. I can see traveling solo they will provide plenty of space, and doable for couples if you plan ahead. I travel often with my wife and daughter so I use all 65 quarts I currently have.

I've used a CD30 drawer fridge for 8 days, replenishing every few days. IMO, the size is definitely doable but marginal for 2 people, especially if they are "foodies" or commonly consume cold beverages at a "faster than average rate."

I can backpack for 5 days w/o any refrigeration. But my food choices/extravagance goes way down. I prefer vehicle dependent travel, for that reason. What I'm saying is, the size fridge certainly varies person to person. For 2 people, I'd suggest 30-50 liters. For 4 people I'd suggest 50-80+ liters.

Huh, not available in Canada in 12V by my search. Maybe I missed something.
Cool idea, would be great for constructed interior. Is the electrical draw comparable to the
top loading fridges, like ARB ?

I've been eyeing these drawer fridges too. My traveling companions are short as are my trips.
There's another company out there that makes a 40qt version. Waco, maybe?

I have wanted one of these small ones for my 80 for a while. I had a big Dometic Drawer fridge in my Kenworth w900, it was nice. The cool thing about some of the smaller ones is that the drawer unit and compressor unit can be seperated and installed up to 5ft apart.

A couple months back I saw these drawer fridge for $299, what happen? Is this what happen when you procrastinate:poop:
Bump

I’m eyeing these and the Engle drawer fridges pretty hard again. Yup, the prices on them went up and stayed there.

Has anyone else set up one of these?

I went with the Engel drawer fridge in my Troopy as the secondary fridge after the engineer from National Luna( the dometic agents here in ZA) said those Dometic drawer fridges were not designed for our hot conditions here in Africa. Very happy with the engel albeit a bit noisy

I went with the Engel drawer fridge in my Troopy as the secondary fridge after the engineer from National Luna( the dometic agents here in ZA) said those Dometic drawer fridges were not designed for our hot conditions here in Africa. Very happy with the engel albeit a bit noisy
Could you give me 1st hand usable volume measurements please? Their dimension info seems to change in some descriptions and wondering how accurate they are...

Is this what you have?

Could you give me 1st hand usable volume measurements please? Their dimension info seems to change in some descriptions and wondering how accurate they are...

Is this what you have?

Yes that is the one I have - the Troopy is in storage at the moment so I cannot take the measurements right now but I will do so asap

Looks like your measurements fall in line with the Engle tech measurements. 18 3/4", 13 1/4", 6 1/2".

So...

27.96 quarts or 26.46 liters.

They advertise it as a 40qt??.....hmm...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom