Does the 2014 Lexus LX 570 have automatic high beam? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Based on the manual it seems to have automatic high beam but when I turned high beam on mine, I do not see the "auto" in the green icon.
high-beam.png

AFAIK that was an optional thing. Check your truck build report on the Lexus owner web site. If not listed you don't have it.

I guess push the lever. If you get the icon, yours is equipped with it. If the icon doesn't light up, yours doesn't have it.

My icon does light up green but not showing the "Auto" as shown in the manual.

On my 2018, there is a button on the lower left side of the dash that needs to be pushed in for the auto hi beams to work.

Believe that was an option on later iterations. My 2014 LX is fully loaded (to my knowledge at least: tow package, dvd, radar cruise control) and does not have.

I find that very amazing. My 2013 LC had automatic high beams and I would think that any LX would be outfitted with more features than a LC.

For 2013 LX it was listed in the literature as optional in selected markets. I do not know if that included US or not. Mine does not have it.

I may be confusing my 2013 LC with my 2018 LC. I know that both my 2018 LC and LX have the auto headlights. That being said, the dealer (in US) from whom I bought my 2013 LC when new had been buying a bunch of them to send to the middle east. I think Toyota took a dim view of that and I know that I had to sign some paper work stating that it was for personal use, etc. Maybe they were able to order them with some different equipment. A guy in the service department that knew my car bought it from me when I got my 2018 LC. The next time I am in there I am going to ask about the auto high beam.

@04UZJ100 , it seems you are correct. Even though the manual show that it has, I'm looking at all the documents that the dealer gave me when I purchased this vehicle and it does not mention anything about automatic high beam. Oh, well, it would be nice to have but honestly, I don't use high beam that often anyway.

@04UZJ100 , it seems you are correct. Even though the manual show that it has, I'm looking at all the documents that the dealer gave me when I purchased this vehicle and it does not mention anything about automatic high beam. Oh, well, it would be nice to have but honestly, I don't use high beam that often anyway.
Is that the US model manual or RoTW?

My ‘14 has auto high beams. Nothing n the dash until the lights come on. Have you looked at night?

My ‘14 has auto high beams. Nothing n the dash until the lights come on. Have you looked at night?
On your '14, when the high beam light does com on, do you see the "auto" in the green high beam icon showing in the dashboard? My doesn't have the "auto" part on the icon.

I have tried push the lever away from me and the green high beam light icon does show up on the dashboard. I do see the high beam light. However, for automatic high beam, the manual does have these conditions:
high-beam-conditions.png

Base on these conditions, I shouldn't see the high beam light since I'm stationary. However, I do see the high beam light. I assumed all three conditions have to be met for the automatic high beam to turn on. In my case, it's dark and no oncoming vehicles but I'm stationary.

This feature is available on 13-15 and activated by tech stream, the default is on but a lot of people had dealers change the setting. If you don't want to use the feature turn the light switch to on rather than auto.

This feature is available on 13-15 and activated by tech stream, the default is on but a lot of people had dealers change the setting. If you don't want to use the feature turn the light switch to on rather than auto.

Wow had no idea. Will have to try this next time. Usually just leave it in auto and toggle highs when I need them, but this can be handy in certain situations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom