Does Anyone Know Where I Can Get Headers? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Does Anyone Know Where I Can Get Headers For My 98 Lc? The Ones In My Truck Are Getting Bad With Leaks And Rust! I Know That Someone By The Name J Brady On(lextreme.com) MIGHT GET Them For The Lexus Cars But Have NO Idea Yet If He Makes Them For Our Trucks! I Have Not Yet Send Him An E-mail....still Hoping If I Can Get One From A Reliable Source Online...like Jba,hookers,and Etc......THIS IS AN E-MAIL ADDRESS ON THIS GUY.....
http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180708

THIS IS A CLIP OF WHAT WAS SAID ABOUT HEADERS BEING MADE FOR THE LEXUS GUYS....
07-26-05, 02:43 PM
ORDERING INFORMATION

Ok, here is the deal, everyone needs to give a big round of applause for the people that joined the committed list. This was required to get enough committed buyers so that the manufacturer would build the first set without getting any money up front. Good job and thank you guys!

Now, I asked Loren Barnes at S&S Headers (the owner, fabricator, manufacturer) if I should post his contact info online. He said yes. So with due thanks given to the committed list participants; here is the contact info for anyone that wants to buy these but has not yet joined the list.

PLEASE limit you phone calls and questions to him to questions not answered already here on this thread. We do not want to bog him down with repetative questions. In fact if you have questions just post them here. If it is best answered by Loren I will say so and suggest you call at that point. If you want to place an order you can of course call direct.

Here is how it works. Send in a $200 deposit. You will be put in line based on your order position. When your set is ready you will need to pay the balance of $400 + s/h.

Remember, he will only make minimum runs of 20 sets. If you order now you will get a set. If you wait you may have to wait a while until there are 20 orders. There is no guarantee this will happen.

S&S HEADERS INC.
6042 N. 53rd DRIVE
GLENDALE, AZ 85301-7775

ph 623-847-9000, fax 623-847-9009 , email: techtalk@ssheaders.com , http://www.ssheaders.com/ Contact: Loren or Betty

SOUNDS GOOD I GUESS!

Last edited:
Didn't TRD carry some at one time? I could be wrong, I usually am.

If somebody could donate their old cracked headers, you can take them to a reputable header fabricator and have them make new ones. Btw, Urban, did you ever post pics of your 100 with the body lift?

I have looked into this as well - not as much as the other guy in the Lexus forum did but we will probably have to go through the same issues. For a one-off header will be very expensive.

macneil - hey! seen any 100's driving around lately? :) too bad we didn't get to chat when you were driving around AZ & UT. TRD makes a header for the Tundra and Sequioa but it will not fit the LC. The frame on the Tundra and Sequioa are quite a bit wider than the 100. We don't have that much room for headers. I am sure it can be done though with the right fabricator and some money.

I do know someone that installed the Tundra header in a 100 Series. The header had to be "massaged" to fit and clear somethings. They had to use a steering shaft from an FJ55, they had to relocate both catalytic converters to go further downstream since the Tundra headers was a bit longer than the stock exhaust manifolds. I will ask him if he has photos of the install that was done at Mudraks. I don't see it in his website

I am also interested in better exhaust manifold for my truck, I think with the s/c it will breathe better.

Here's a lead for quality custom headers... I have Dawson Headers on my Hemi car. I've never had any problems with leaks or cracks even though they take a beating while sitting at idle with the .654 lift cam.

They're kinda pricey for a stock motor, although you can have a custom set made for the cost of OEM replacements.

Tom Dawson Headers

hoser said:
Btw, Urban, did you ever post pics of your 100 with the body lift?

Nope. I'm still waiting on those pix too... :confused:

i4c4lo said:
macneil - hey! seen any 100's driving around lately? :) too bad we didn't get to chat when you were driving around AZ & UT.

None as nice as yours! :cool: Yeah, I would have loved to wheel the 60 in Moab and met some people, but I kinda pussed out and was worried about getting the thing home in one piece. Guess I could have avoided the hard stuff or at least had a beer with some people. :princess:

However, after seeing Moab and all the other great stuff out there, I will definitely be back!

:)

Hey Hoser I Was Thinking The Same Thing If Worse Comes To Worse.....i'll See If A Local Header Shop Can Make Duplicate The Ones I Have On And Make Them Better! That Will Cost An Arm&leg! I Rather
Have Ones That Have Been Tested And Dyno......i Can't See Myself Going Back To Stock If I've Experience Headers ALREADY! You Know What I Mean? And For The Pics.......i Have Figure That Too! Lol

header compatibility

Sequoia-Tundra headers vs. 100 series.

Is it a matter of not clearing the frame or is it the downtubes don't mate with the exhaust? I'm assuming they'd mate to the heads the same. Could a custom exhaust make it work?

The reason I ask is I have a crack in the right exhaust manifold, and if I'm going to trouble of removing and repairing it, I might as well bolt on a few more horsepower while I'm at it.

Donco,

What I remember is that the frame is more narrow than the Tundra and they don't fit.

Read the thread linked over at clublexus. That guy went through a pain in the ass to get headers made for the 1UZFE.

I would suggest speaking to these people. They are making headers for the Tundra and the Lexus V8. If anyone would know if this is possible, they will know:

http://www.ssheaders.com/about_ssheaders.htm

I would be up for a group buy if they are willing to go into production.

I figure it is just a matter of time before the stock manifolds crack. I'm out of warranty and I would just assume spend the money on a ceramic coated header instead of more "defective" stock manifolds.

donco said:
Sequoia-Tundra headers vs. 100 series.
The reason I ask is I have a crack in the right exhaust manifold, and if I'm going to trouble of removing and repairing it, I might as well bolt on a few more horsepower while I'm at it.

If you decide to replace it with either a new manifold or header, I'd be interested in your cracked stock manifold (or anyone elses that happens to have one laying around). I'd like to check one out, see how well they weld (I have a TIG).

rich

richg said:
If you decide to replace it with either a new manifold or header, I'd be interested in your cracked stock manifold (or anyone elses that happens to have one laying around). I'd like to check one out, see how well they weld (I have a TIG).

rich

I posted an add yesterday in the "wanted" section. I would be happy to share them with you. I want to send them to a header mfg. for measurements and a price estimate.

If it turns out to be another minimum order situation. I would go in.

calamaridog said:
I posted an add yesterday in the "wanted" section. I would be happy to share them with you. I want to send them to a header mfg. for measurements and a price estimate.

Yea, that would be great. The header company is likely going to need a whole truck instead of just a manifold though. I'm currently building a turbo header for my car, and can definitely say that you really need to have everything there in place when building a header. There is too many other things in the engine bay, and since the header is not going to occupy the exact same space as the manifold (except for flanges), you'll run into interference issues unless the header is designed & built on the truck.

They might be able to build something like a log header off of just the manifold, but if you're going through the trouble/expense of getting headers built, I don't think you want one of those.

rich

Rich,

Good point and understood. I still think if they could see the stock ones up close they would have a better estimate and see I was serious about this.

Then we could talk about minimum orders and such. Maybe a vendor would want some too. These things have value beyond the 4x4 enthusiasts.

Ultimately they will need a truck in the shop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom