Dodge Dodge 6.7 Prior to DEF (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok...I'm not sure when dodge started DEF...(2012 or so?)

I have a tow rig to haul by lc around....loaded weight inclusive of the trailer is around 9K with gear in the truck (LC) etc.

I'm debating on going to a Dodge Crew Cab, long bed, SRW 3500 pickup (style). Something the in the year range 2011 and below to stay away from DEF and potentially to make some minor modifications.

Looking for a solid truck thats dependable and performs well (like we all do).

Critical Items...is has to be a crew cab four door, it has to have a reasonably sized fuel tank, be dependable, and the cab & interior have to be up to reasonable quality standards. I need / want to be able to run 75 on the hiway loaded and be able to handle the hills with power and control, obviously good brakes are important.

I'm not all up on the dodge year models and dont' know which ones have a engine brake or turbo brake or tow/haul mode etc.
I'm looking for a clean stock truck and will as noted make some minor mods (no extreme hot-rod stuff). I'm more looking for clean dependable truck that will simply do the job without complaint.

Range is a factor too.. not into stopping for fuel all the time based on a 20X gallon tank.

I know this is a very broad question/comment. If you have long term exposure to the dodge 6.7 please comment on the engine/drive line and any concerns about the truck in general.

never mind....I'm an old school GM guy and have to stay with what I know....Its going to be some flavor of GM 2500HD or 3500HD when I buy something else. At present I have an 07 2500 HD 6.0 Gas truck.

I don't tow heavy and only use to pull my trail toy..so given that I will most likely stay in the 6.0 gas setup but go with a 4.10 gear and long bed to get the larger gas tank.

Right now there are no good deletes for the DEF trucks. If you are staying stock the DEF set up is much better and doesn't require the EGR cleaning/service of the pre DEF generation. Mine is a 14 SRW with 3.42's and the Aisin tranny. I have zero problems with the set up. Very good unloaded highway mileage and still tugs all the hay, horses and cows I need to tow. Exhaust brake is far better than my last Ford or Chevy and through 14000 miles I still have no interior rattles. Both my last Ford and Chevy interiors were bad. Chevy had a cracked dash and dash creaks early while the Ford was a damn rattling pain in the tail. So far I am pleased with the switch.

just to update...I bought a 2wd 14 2500HD gas truck (Chevrolet) long bed 6.0 with 4.10., reg cab. Kind of wish I had bought a crew cab and 4wd but I did not...maybe next time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom