Dodge What you don't want to see on your dash! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I forgot to mention that this a 2015 Ram 2500 HD with 6.4 gas engine.

So last week these caught my eyes while looking at the dash:

ECL.jpg
ESCAW.jpg
ETC.jpg

The engine wouldn't rev above 2,500 RPM, trans wouldn't go higher the 4th on 6 speed, cruise control wouldn't work, speed toped out at just over 55 MPH. Throttle would be rough at times but it never stopped running.

I pulled the error code(s):

P0107 - Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor/Barometric Sensor Low
P0300 - Indicates multiple misfires

But before I pulled the code(s) I tried to figure out what was going off just off the lights. Being red I took on what the Electronic Throttle Control causes could be. I figured the yellow Check Engine Light and the Electronic Stability were not as important since for the most part the truck ran fine below 55 MPH.

What I found out made me want to pull my hair out. It ran the gamut from bad ETC, bad temp sensor, cracked or leaking intake and at least a half a dozen other things.

After pulling the codes MAP sensor was cheapest and easiest to try first. Long story short, after my brother was able to get it swapped, buried back of the motor at recessed firewall and safety lock that didn't want to release, I cleared the codes and it fired right up without any warning lights!

Why don't the manufactures simply call the lights what they are? What part of manifold pressure low have to do with all the limp home systems? Sometimes I think the engineers are just trying to piss us off.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom