Dobinsons Suspension options for Sequoia 01-07 and 08-22 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@crikeymike
I finally manged to get the twin tube shocks and the stock height springs. It looks like the shocks are too long for the springs. The GS59-710 front shock/strut with the C59-474 stock height springs. The spring can be mounted without a spring compressor and there is a 1 or 2" gap between the top of the spring and the strut mount. I only have the dust cover/aluminium spacer/ cupped washer below the strut mount. It is a kyb mount with a new rubber bushing already installed. Is this normal?
I had the guys in the warehouse put them together just now to check. It could be different based on how thick the top mounts are you're using, but remove the aluminum spacer. That's a droop spacer that adds down travel and extends the strut. The coil is fractionally loose once the top is tightened down, but full droop won't be reached with stock UCA's being used, as they're the travel limiter.

So strut, dust cover, cupped washer curved upwards, then the bushing that's in the bottom of the strut mount, strut mount, top bushing, washer and nut tightened down until it bottoms out on the threads.

I had the guys in the warehouse put them together just now to check. It could be different based on how thick the top mounts are you're using, but remove the aluminum spacer. That's a droop spacer that adds down travel and extends the strut. The coil is fractionally loose once the top is tightened down, but full droop won't be reached with stock UCA's being used, as they're the travel limiter.

So strut, dust cover, cupped washer curved upwards, then the bushing that's in the bottom of the strut mount, strut mount, top bushing, washer and nut tightened down until it bottoms out on the threads.
Thanks Mike
I will remove the spacer and look into the strut mount bushing thickness. Note I did not tighten the top nut so that should compress the bushing. I will report back on where I get.
The good news is that the strur will be easy to assemble without dealing with spring compressors, and it should be much easier to get the strut installed in the vehicle since it be a little shorter.

IMG_7913.JPG

Really been enjoying my 2.5" IMS setup with 295/70/18 Toyo AT3s.

Looks great! Did you happen to measure before and after? Also, I'm buying the same tire this week. Any rub?

I did but no clue where I put the numbers, I'll have to look. No rubbing whatsoever and that's with the front fully compressed and turned. I'm on 18x9.5 +18mm wheels.

The AT3s are very nice, balanced super easily, drive very smoothly and I have zero complaints offroad. Really a great tire and much lighter than the Falken in 295/70/18.

I did but no clue where I put the numbers, I'll have to look. No rubbing whatsoever and that's with the front fully compressed and turned. I'm on 18x9.5 +18mm wheels.

The AT3s are very nice, balanced super easily, drive very smoothly and I have zero complaints offroad. Really a great tire and much lighter than the Falken in 295/70/18.
Excellent! Thx sir. If you get those numbers, I'm very curious as I think my TRD Sport has different suspension geometry. I was at 25" center of hub to fender in the rear. And much lower in front (21.5") I think that is due to the TRD coilovers, like the Tundra.

Excellent! Thx sir. If you get those numbers, I'm very curious as I think my TRD Sport has different suspension geometry. I was at 25" center of hub to fender in the rear. And much lower in front (21.5") I think that is due to the TRD coilovers, like the Tundra.
Sorry, I never grabbed those numbers, and I popped a C4 bumper, winch and lights on and now the front end looks stock. Going to try the upper clip on my C59-720 IMS coilovers and see how it looks. I was surprised at how much it sagged between two wheeling trips and the added weight of ~ 250lbs up front.

I'll look at getting my current numbers and then get some after I move to the upper clip.

I'm sitting at 22" Front with the C4 bumper and ~ 24.5" in the Rear on the 2.5" IMS kit, and was ~ 20.5" Front, ~ 21.5" Rear prior to the lift.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom