Dobinsons 2" vs 2.5" lift (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Talking with Kyle at Treaty Oak and im genuinely torn between the Dobinsons IMS kit in 2' vs 2.5". 32" tire vs 33" tire.

My truck is a daily. It will see trails but no crazy rock crawling etc. Im going to be ordering a Dobinsons rear drawer kit at the same time so Kyle is accounting for that in the spring selection.

All other things equal... which setup will be more comfortable daily? Long term?

I drive about 25K miles a year so Im looking for a comfortable, reliable kit.

I take it a 33" wouldnt fit in the stock area
Not from what I am hearing.

I am planning 265/70/17s and 2" lift. My zest for rock crawling my vehicle to the point of failure has diminished over the years. Been there, done that. But I do plan on overlanding-type off-roading and this should do fine for that.

I take it a 33" wouldnt fit in the stock area
With a 33", the bigger problem would be a spare, unless, of course, you're planning on a rear tire carrier of some sort, either a hitch mount or bumper mount.

I was able to fit a 275 65 18, Firestone AT tire on factory rim in spare tire location no problem.
Once I added the OEM hitch, it would not fit.

I was able to fit a 275 65 18, Firestone AT tire on factory rim in spare tire location no problem.
Once I added the OEM hitch, it would not fit.
I have the factory hitch. I recently found the Rigd Swing Out Tire Carrier and that seems like a viable solution for carrying a full size spare on road trips. Not so worried about around town/ daily duties as I have local connections to tow trucks and shops.
33” tires it is!!!!

Looking at same tire carrier. I have tire repair kit and air compressor on board as well.
Good luck and drive safe. Headed to the Outer Banks next month. Love driving on Corolla beach/

No torsion bars on GX460

Shocks and Springs. Ordered some KDSS Spacers and UCAs from Kyle as well to round out the package.
You're on your way! Gotta put up pic's when it's all done!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom