Do any Canadian Mudders have experience with toyotapartsdirect.ca? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

mitchclem

Threads
Doing a full front end refresh, and these prices are very appealing. The reviews scare me, but I'm just wondering if anyone has had a positive experience with toyotapartsdirect.ca before I explore my other options. Any other suggestions are welcome!

I have used them many times, although not as much in the last 2 years. Great communication. Never a problem. I believe they are just an anonymous storefront for Toyota / Lexus of London. Make sure to also check prices on Partsouq.com before ordering.

See Parts to order - Canada - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/parts-to-order-canada.515342/, post#7 and following some more info.

For a front end refresh, I would also consider Rockauto.

good for finding the part number

I have used them many times, although not as much in the last 2 years. Great communication. Never a problem. I believe they are just an anonymous storefront for Toyota / Lexus of London. Make sure to also check prices on Partsouq.com before ordering.

See Parts to order - Canada - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/parts-to-order-canada.515342/, post#7 and following some more info.

For a front end refresh, I would also consider Rockauto.
That's reassuring. Its funny you say great communication, that seems to be their biggest downfall according to reviews. But hey, you don't know until you see for yourself. I might just give it a shot. I used Rockauto last year when I did my front hub overhaul (Koyo and Timken), but I plan on going fully OEM with the front end refresh. Thanks!

Have used them. Lot of the times with shipping, it comes out to exactly the same price as just going to your local retail Toyota. Its also a 100 series which means parts are actually never in the Canadian warehouse so they have to get it from California which is 4-10 business days, then ship it off in Canada Post. Last time I used them, one of the plastic washers was cracked. I emailed them, no problem they sent me another but I had to wait another 2 weeks as the part had to come from California again to their Ontario location, then over to me.

Just be wary that 90% of the parts that are Land Cruiser specific, it will take 2-3 weeks to get to you. If its a common Toyota part, aka the econo Toyotas that are made in Canada/USA, they will usually have that part in their Toyota Toronto warehouse, which is overnight to their warehouse, then 1 day to pack it and get it over to Canada post.

Partsouq, Megazip, and Amayama blow ToyotaPartsDirect out of the water.

They have the best price on CV's, for sure. Same with Nightview glass, but they don't ship windshields :(

I've ordered in the past. They're legit!

Partsouq and Amayama are also great, but duty/brokerage suck, although you can avoid brokerage if you're willing to clear yourself at your local CBSA office.

If you're looking for 555 ball joints in Canada, I ordered some on line from partsking.ca. Price was better than Napa (including shipping).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom