Personal Experience w/ Notorious Freeway Shake (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I had “wobble” like symptoms once after I put on spacers and 35s, took off the spacer and went back to 33s (35s were too much for my DD needs anyway) and not an issue since. The 7 years and 100k miles I’ve put on have been trouble free except for when I get in there and mess with something. I am the wobble.

I had “wobble” like symptoms once after I put on spacers and 35s, took off the spacer and went back to 33s (35s were too much for my DD needs anyway) and not an issue since. The 7 years and 100k miles I’ve put on have been trouble free except for when I get in there and mess with something. I am the wobble.
I am the wobble. I love that. I bought my 06LX 470 that was in perfect condition other than having oversized tires and someone had messed with the height of the suspension. After balancing the truck suspension and getting rid of the e rated tires, Everything was all good. Also diff bushings helped. It’s very very smooth. I currently run HE wheels on spacers with a stock size tire. I find tire composition plays a big role and my trusted (decades) tire guy said as much. I went from oversized e, to brand new oversized e, to stock sized geolandar. All wobble disappeared that day, and everything else was icing on the cake. The only reason I found myself in this position is because I inherited the tires versus having bought what I personally might have wanted, and it was definitely a chase until I bit the bullet for new tires a second time., new e rated came with the HE wheels:/

I am the wobble. I love that. I bought my 06LX 470 that was in perfect condition other than having oversized tires and someone had messed with the height of the suspension. After balancing the truck suspension and getting rid of the e rated tires, Everything was all good. Also diff bushings helped. It’s very very smooth. I currently run HE wheels on spacers with a stock size tire. I find tire composition plays a big role and my trusted (decades) tire guy said as much. I went from oversized e, to brand new oversized e, to stock sized geolandar. All wobble disappeared that day, and everything else was icing on the cake. The only reason I found myself in this position is because I inherited the tires versus having bought what I personally might have wanted, and it was definitely a chase until I bit the bullet for new tires a second time., new e rated came with the HE wheels:/
Yeah me too. I looked at my spacer install and realized I mounted all the spacer-to-lug nuts upside down. Removing the spacers cut my vibe by 90%. Which tells me I was on the path to spacer failure (evidenced by the aluminum scoring in the spacers under where I put the flat side of the bolt down instead of the coned side). Among my dumber achievements. Photo shows the bolts temporarily stored on the lugs but illustrates the cone that was supposed to go down into the holes, not flat down). Just. Dumb.

IMG_9077.jpeg

IMG_9075.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom