DIY Intercom unit for overlanding and off-road (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.inditravel.org
There is a lot of noise in a Land Cruiser. And when driving on bad roads or off-road, it is very noisy. When you also hear a little bad like I do, it becomes a problem to talk to the sidekick, or hear what is being said over the radio. This gave birth to the idea of an intercom system. It consists of two headsets with microphones, of the same type that gamers use, and an amplifier box with inputs for CB and VHF radio, mobile phone and music / radio.
It works so that we can talk to each other via the headsets, listen to music or talk to other cars using a radio or mobile phone. The signals can be mixed together so we can, for example, listen to music and talk together at the same time, or use the headsets as hands-free for mobile and VHF / CB radios.
I have a blog and you can read more there, plus diagram if you will build yourself: Intercom - Inditravel.org

System.JPG

IMG_9511.JPG

Interesting DIY build. Seen some stuff done with Bluetooth which would be another way of going.

For those not into DIY you might check these out.
These say they are for motorcycle helmets, but would think the helmets use the Bluetooth earpiece standard.
Product just focuses on motorcyclists as the most obvious market.
Amazon product ASIN B0892BRBTJAmazon product ASIN B07J5Y49NV

There is a lot of noise in a Land Cruiser. And when driving on bad roads or off-road, it is very noisy. When you also hear a little bad like I do, it becomes a problem to talk to the sidekick, or hear what is being said over the radio. This gave birth to the idea of an intercom system. It consists of two headsets with microphones, of the same type that gamers use, and an amplifier box with inputs for CB and VHF radio, mobile phone and music / radio.
It works so that we can talk to each other via the headsets, listen to music or talk to other cars using a radio or mobile phone. The signals can be mixed together so we can, for example, listen to music and talk together at the same time, or use the headsets as hands-free for mobile and VHF / CB radios.
I have a blog and you can read more there, plus diagram if you will build yourself: Intercom - Inditravel.org

View attachment 2606057

View attachment 2606058
Very impressive. I sell a solution from Setcom called LiberatorMAX that accomplishes full duplex intercoms, Bluetooth and radio integration. You’ve done the same thing and that’s awesome!

Very impressive. I sell a solution from Setcom called LiberatorMAX that accomplishes full duplex intercoms, Bluetooth and radio integration. You’ve done the same thing and that’s awesome!
Thank you George. Yes, bluetooth would have been fine to avoid headset cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom