DIY Brake Cap Bleed Adapter Thingy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
cad'ed this up.
F360_Cap.jpg

Printed it and added o-ring, air hose line and fittings.
_MG_7424 copy.jpg

and bleeding brakes with new cap adapter thingy... works great!
154512 copy.jpg

I built one using a garden sprayer and a Toyota MC cap, using a Compressor is to much and you are going to destroy something the garden sprayer one you regulate the pressure, and flush the system with new brake fluid

I built one using a garden sprayer and a Toyota MC cap, using a Compressor is to much and you are going to destroy something the garden sprayer one you regulate the pressure, and flush the system with new brake fluid
use any source of air/CO2/N2/etc... at about ~20-psi (7kPa) and you should be good.

So you use the air to push the new fluid through that’s pretty slick. Are you still bleeding at each wheel? I need to do some googleing on this. I’m replacing my front brakes next week.

Yes, you put brake fluid in the garden sprayer and connect the hose from the sprayer to the master adapter. Then pressurize the sprayer to about 15lbs or so and then go about bleeding all your calipers. It fills the master cylinder reservoir from the sprayer until its empty.
fluid will bleed from your calipers under pressure without pumping the master. one person job!

add a pressure gauge to the garden sprayer so you know how much your adding

Do some research on how well the motive seals to the master. Some of those don't do so well, make sure its Toyota specific like the one i posted.

We really need to encourage more people to 3d print parts for our cars. Thinking about the next 30-40 years.

So you use the air to push the new fluid through that’s pretty slick. Are you still bleeding at each wheel? I need to do some googleing on this. I’m replacing my front brakes next week.

Yes I fill the garden sprayer with some fresh fluid and do the correct order of bleeding and have had great results

use any source of air/CO2/N2/etc... at about ~20-psi (7kPa) and you should be good.

Yes, but when you have a control of pressure and it has the fluid too, it is winning, I have seen the the ones that use a compressor I spent like 20 bucks on it and can be use anywhere and very cost effective

I’m thinking I’ll get one of these. I didn’t even know it was a thing.
Motive Products 101 Brake System Power Bleeder Amazon product ASIN B00CJ5DWKO

It works great. The included universal cap adapter is fine if you'll take a minute to make sure it's centered and snug it down well. Zero problems. I've never felt the need to buy the specific adapter for the Land Cruiser. Other vehicles, yes, but not this application. Universal is fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom